Uterine Prolapse pics

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you mean by "hanging"?
1711249113765.jpeg
Here is the set up. The clamps go around the hip joints and you lift the rear to let the legs hang in a natural position. They support their selves in front. It gives the cows the chance to get nerve and muscle back. Doesn't always work and didn't for us

Did not end up well. Gave her 3 days hanging an hour at a time and legs never came back. Learning experience for me.
My wife and I packed feed and water to a downer cow for a month a couple years ago. She eventually made a full recovery. I do understand that that's not for everybody though.

My wife and I packed feed and water to a downer cow for a month a couple years ago. She eventually made a full recovery. I do understand that that's not for everybody though.
We've done the same thing Silver. Where there is a pulse there is hope. Never tried lifting until they showed an inclination to try.

On the topic of coating the prolapse with sugar, I took Mr TC for a follow up visit with his primary care physician and his Dr was scrolling through the pics of Mr TC's surgery/new hardware on my phone when he saw the pics of the cows prolapse. He said he uses sugar on prolapses in women. Wait, what?!? Had no idea!