Uterine Prolapse

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Had a heifer dump her uterus on the ground night before last. Put her in the chute, gave her an epidural, a shot of oxy, stuffed the uterus back where it belonged, a sew job, a bunch of bio-mycin, and out the door. The sew job is looking good and I haven't seen any straining. Might remove it tomorrow.
Oc2fryu.jpg

Nice little heifer, hopefully she breeds back on time.

TCRanch said:
Looks great! Vet had me keep the stitches in 10 days on my heifer that prolapsed.

Thanks. I bought a Buhner needle several years ago, and even though I've only used it now two or three times it was a great investment.

Silver said:
TCRanch said:
Looks great! Vet had me keep the stitches in 10 days on my heifer that prolapsed.

Thanks. I bought a Buhner needle several years ago, and even though I've only used it now two or three times it was a great investment.

I'm still impress by your C-section last year. You, sir, are a rock star!

TCRanch said:
Silver said:
TCRanch said:

Haha, I think you have me mistaken with Gcreek. He does them when required. I used to do them, but use the vet for it these days if it's required.

Silver said:
TCRanch said:
Silver said:

Haha, I think you have me mistaken with Gcreek. He does them when required. I used to do them, but use the vet for it these days if it's required.
Oooh, awkward! You're right, it was his video. But you're still a rock star - don't think I could save a uterine prolapse ;-)

Latest posts