The Last Trimester with Pics and advice

Help Support CattleToday:

How's she doing? Have her teats started filling out yet? Her udder and teats should fill and the skin may look shiny on the day that she will calve.

She is bagging up quickly, not tight yet. Saw some straw colored drainage today and yesterday from her back end. She's drinking water like its going out of style

One quick question: will they gorge themselves right before calving? Reason I ask is because overnight she put a serious hurtin on the round bale. More than I have ever seen a single do. I'm talking about eating about 1/5 of the bale overnight. That's not counting any of the grass we still have. Unless some deer moved in on me last night......but doubtful.

I have had cows that looked like they would explode before they finally calved(actually most of them). I get impatient as H.
Yesterday I went out to the pasture and to my suprise there was a new calf. I didn't think anything was quite ready for about 2 more weeks. None of the cows had dropped their milk the day before.
Sometimes there are no clues.

Another 12 inch booger hanging this morning. This one was whitish un the top side and pink to brown colored on the bottom. It didn't dry up, just fell off

3 days straight of drainage now.calf looks to have changed position but not dropped. Udder still filling out

Well she seems to have picked out a quiet corner, one that she hasn't laid down in before. I just checked on her and there is mucous pooling up behind her maybe quarter cup worth. I may be waking up to a calf in the am......but I won't bet on it just yet.

You have to have the most read (popular) thread in this forum. 2537 views and counting.

Every time I see that you have posted, I check to see if you have a calf yet
grin.gif

Looking forward to seeing your new calf. (Looking forward to seeing - that means pictures, hint, hint
wink.gif
)

I think that once she calves ill just stop posting
And leave you all hanging.
Of course ill post pictures when she finally calves.hahaha I'm glad you all are taking my incessant posting well. Hopefully this thread will help someone else down the road.

Schedule an appointment that you just cannot break and go and check on her right before you are ready to leave ,,in your best clothes ... :nod:

Works every time.. :lol2:

No calf this morning, but HDn funny you say that. I have a court hearing that I have to be at in 2 hours. No way I am skipping out on that. And before anyone asks, I'm not in trouble.

hillsdown":3lagoksm said:
Schedule an appointment that you just cannot break and go and check on her right before you are ready to leave ,,in your best clothes ... :nod:

Works every time.. :lol2:

I've been there! On my way home from work and see that one is calving so I stop to watch and I have even stepped in to help while in my work clothes (khakis and polos usually).

And here I thought we would wake up this morning with pics of your new calf. :(

Bag doiwn to her hocksn rear teats strutting, front teats starting to stand. Weather coming in late tomorrow........any bets?

Yes and full moon the 29th, you got a weather change coming so there will be an atmospheric change..... yep probably will calve.

Latest posts