The Last Trimester with Pics and advice

Help Support CattleToday:

yes I am another newbe , just reading all your post has told me alot.to watch for. i hope you have a little calf by this time.
good luck.

dog gone it I thought you would of had that calf by now. I was gone for two weeks and your post is the one I wanted to check on first. maybe she is waiting on a little ground hog. ha ha

IMG00013-20100201-1552.jpg

IMG00012-20100201-1551.jpg

She has 2 false teats but it appers they have working mammary glands????????????

hooknline":1dbcvdka said:
IMG00012-20100201-1551.jpg

She has 2 false teats but it appers they have working mammary glands????????????

checked ours this morning before work and there he was she will have it when the time comes. I can tell you that after a month of checking, been a few years since I been around the calving it is alway a relief and feels good when that investment is up and nursing. Got two more that should calve in the next 12 days.

here is a few pics

http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=62152&start=30

I saw your post today WH congrats!
As for mine.....
bag getting tight, front teats getting thick, blah blah blah blah....same ole story!

The beauty is, the next time you're going to know what to expect . . . and hopefully when she was actually bred.

HOOKNLINE i did learn from your post. i dont think my bessie will be ready for 2 more week.
compared to your cow. bessie is a hereford bred to angus, i hope she has it on her own.
I will check tomarrow to see if you have a new one.

thanks CHAR ( kypops wife )

Any news? Our first one this year is due in 10 days and showing signs, so know how you are feeling. LOL anxiously waiting :lol:

Not yet. Fronts strutting, another court hearing tomorrow am and that front pushing thru late tomorrow........we'll see.

Up until she really bagged out I asked myself that same question. But with her bag going from nothing to strutting and being down to her knees, she has to be bred. She really is keeping us guessing. If the goop hadn't started so early, I wouldn't have even made my first post. It can't be normal for them to have 12 inch strings of goop r whole months prior to calving. So, goop aside, the only real indicaot on her I will go by from now on is her bag. I don't know what else to say. Maybe she is just one that will show excessive signs earlty????? Who knows. I'm confident she will drop a calf one way or the other

All of the signs aside, it doesn;t mean much till she has feet sticking out

Agreed. Maybe I'm payying more attention to this than most because its my first calf and we could really use some good in our lives right now. Nothing is more positive than the birth of something new.

JUST WAITING TO HERE OF YOUR NEW ARRIVEL LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE CATTLE PEOPLE, JUST TALKED TO MY SON THATS LIVES IN FLA..HE SAID IT WAS RAINING REAL HARD NOW. SO I HOPE TONIGHT WILL BE HER TIME.
DUN , POSTED MY BESSIE PICTURE ON THE OTHER SUBJECT BOARD, BECAUSE I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT.I AM THANK FULL TO HIM, BUT HER UTTER HAS REALY FILLEDOUT TODAY MY HUSBAND CAME RUNNING IN THE HOUSE AND SAID GET THING READY WERE GOING TO HAVE CALLF TONIGHT, I WENT OUT & ITS POSSIBLE BUT I THINK A WEEK OR SO. I THINK HE GET MORE EXCITED THEN WHEN OUR CHILDREN WAS BORN. HA! HA!. I GUESS IT IS CAUSE THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST CALF,OR ANY ANIMAL BORN.OUR OTHER COW HAD SOME GOOP COMEING OUT OF HER TODAY, I THINK SHE WILL HAVE IT IN LATE MARCH,
BY THE WAY IT IS SNOWING HERE IN OHIO AND WERE TO GET 6-8 IN BY TOMARROW.
I WILL CHECK BACK TOMARROW.
CHAR

Geeze this is getting old real quick. She is quite a bit sloppier and tail head sunk more, front teats filled but not dripping yet

IMG00017-20100207-1105.jpg

Latest posts