Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wewild":2in25xq7 said:
Beef11":2in25xq7 said:
The hippies are left wing

We still got hippies?

I guess we do! :shock:

Seein as how I don't clone, AI or ET, I must be one.
Course, I also don't use steriods or other growth enhancing drugs to try and build up my cattle. I guess that could be why my show entries don't win more.

quote="warpaint"]
Wewild":1z2hf9lb said:
warpaint":1z2hf9lb said:
Course, I also don't use steriods or other gowth enhancing drugs to try and build up my cattle. I guess that could be why my show entries don't win more.

I do on my side. $1 equals 30 pounds.

Wewild":2xe0zked said:
warpaint":2xe0zked said:
Course, I also don't use steriods or other gowth enhancing drugs to try and build up my cattle. I guess that could be why my show entries don't win more.

I do on my side. $1 equals 30 pounds.

That is what makes this country great! We don't have to all agree about everything. What works for you, doesn't necessarily work for me. I also don't have to agree with the general consensus on every issue.

I raise Longhorns for just that reason. I know there are faults with them. They just happen to be what I choose to raise. My operation doesn't cost anyone but me a cent.

warpaint":21vjswbr said:
That is what makes this country great! We don't have to all agree about everything. What works for you, doesn't necessarily work for me. I also don't have to agree with the general consensus on every issue.

I raise Longhorns for just that reason. I know there are faults with them. They just happen to be what I choose to raise. My operation doesn't cost anyone but me a cent.

I don't understand. I never questioned your choices. I simply stated mine. You provided more info than I needed. We operate in different areas.

Wewild":s61xn101 said:
warpaint":s61xn101 said:

I don't understand. I never questioned your choices. I simply stated mine. More info than I needed. I knew we were in different worlds.

Didn't ever imply that you did.
Simplt stated that's why this is a great place to live. Freedom of choice.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. It seems I've seen you claim that right twice tonight.

It is a weakness to do so.

Take care,

Wewild":1trdifti said:
Brandonm2":1trdifti said:
God still made it. ALL we are doing is taking a piece of the cow's ear and extracting the genetic material to make another copy of the cow. We are not actually assembling a DNA strand from scratch and in the cloning process being discussed here we are not altering the DNA. Human cloning is where there are moral problems since there have been some flawed clones. It would be irresponsible to do anything that might increase the likelihood of producing a disabled child. Once the process is perfected where "accidents" happen no more often than with natural matings, the human cloning issue will probably be revisited; though I fail to see where there is a justifiable need.

I don't understand your logic. If we could make a human clone 100% succesfully everytime then it would be ok ... morally?

Right NOW, based on experience with animals, cloning has a much greater risk of producing a retarded child or a child with some other major incurable health impairment. Anything that increases birth defects should be outlawed. IF the process became so sophisticated in the future that that risk was reduced to the level of a natural mating; then yes I have no moral objection at all to human cloning. I don't know if I would be comfortable with a Brandon clone (kinda like looking at a ghost) versus a normal kid; but I am not sure that that is any business of USgov.

Brandonm2":1x8h37n2 said:
Right NOW, based on experience with animals, cloning has a much greater risk of producing a retarded child or a child with some other major incurable health impairment. Anything that increases birth defects should be outlawed. IF the process became so sophisticated in the future that that risk was reduced to the level of a natural mating; then yes I have no moral objection at all to human cloning. I don't know if I would be comfortable with a Brandon clone (kinda like looking at a ghost) versus a normal kid; but I am not sure that that is any business of USgov.

I understand. When we can exceed the selection process that God has established we should replace him. Have I got that right? I'm glad
Edit...

I had a retarded Uncle that lived into his 60's. He was a very loving person. He just required more out of the people that love him. I got to know him.

Wewild":1cuaffuk said:
Brandonm2":1cuaffuk said:

I understand. When we can exceed the selection process that God has established we should replace him. Have I got that right?

Edit...

I had a retarded Uncle that lived into his 60's. He was a very loving person. He just required more out of the people that love him.

Iam not criticizing retarded people or disabled people. I just don't believe that pregnant women should smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol, or anything else that is likely to lead to problems for the baby and if that includes human cloning then I would not favor that. That is my ONLY objection to human cloning in theory though.

Brandonm2":hk2vmn18 said:
Iam not criticizing retarded people or disabled people. I just don't believe that pregnant women should smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol, or anything else that is likely to lead to problems for the baby and if that includes human cloning then I would not favor that. That is my ONLY objection to human cloning in theory though.

You lost me.

OK, right now an unacceptably large number of the animal clones have health problems related too problems in the cloning process. Obviously, it is likely that we would have the same flaws with human clones. For example four good clones to one retarded or crippled or prematurely aging or immune impaired clone is too great a risk for me to accept or condone. The first rule of medicine is to "Do no harm" and creating a disabled child when you knew that was a likely outcome is doing harm. Once the FAILURES were eliminated in animal cloning then I have NO objection to giving the green light to researchers on perfecting human cloning.

Brandonm2":1jga69fo said:
The first rule of medicine is to "Do no harm" and creating a disabled child when you knew that was a likely outcome is doing harm.

I was a blue baby. 14 minutes without O2. Thank God Doctor May keep working along with God or I would not be talking with you.

What's the longest you worked on a calve before you got hardened.

Brandonm2":13ve5dde said:
OK, right now an unacceptably large number of the animal clones have health problems related too problems in the cloning process. Obviously, it is likely that we would have the same flaws with human clones. For example four good clones to one retarded or crippled or prematurely aging or immune impaired clone is too great a risk for me to accept or condone. The first rule of medicine is to "Do no harm" and creating a disabled child when you knew that was a likely outcome is doing harm. Once the FAILURES were eliminated in animal cloning then I have NO objection to giving the green light to researchers on perfecting human cloning.

Last post on this topic, as I've been a hippy, left wingist, weak, and some other things.

Brandonm,

Isn't this what Hitler was trying to accomplish?

Well crud...would someone, preferably Beef11, answer what cloning has to do with left wingers?

He11, left wingers, right wingers, both sides make some sense...if I just knew why one was being assigned something that makes no blasted sense!

Left wingers would promote cloning...right wingers would not...ergo, what you've, Beef11, purported makes no sense at all.

BTW...I've got real problems with cloning...

Alice

Wewild":2zum2q3l said:
Brandonm2":2zum2q3l said:
The first rule of medicine is to "Do no harm" and creating a disabled child when you knew that was a likely outcome is doing harm.

I was a blue baby. 14 minutes without O2. Thank God Doctor May keep working along with God or I would not be talking with you.

What's the longest you worked on a calve before you got hardened.

Where did I suggest killing a child??? Or not trying to save a child? There is a difference between not creating a child that is highly likely to be crippled and killing a child that is crippled. Creating a human clone when the expected "failure rate" is 10% or more is not acceptable. If two people are sickle cell carriers it would be wise for them NOT to marry and possible create a sickly child; likewise if cloning would lead to a dramatic increase in the number of diabled children I would certainly not be for it. That doesn't mean that I am advocating smashing the crippled baby's head against the floor (a job I have done hundreds of times with deformed or dying piglets).

warpaint":2ed811wi said:
Brandonm2":2ed811wi said:

Last post on this topic, as I've been a hippy, left wingist, weak, and some other things.

Brandonm,

Isn't this what Hitler was trying to accomplish?

Cloning was not available in Hitler's day. Hitler was a proponent of eugenics; basically treating the human race like a herd of livestock. Phenotypes he considered to be inferior (Jews, Gypsies, Slavs, homosexuals, the disabled, anyone anti-Hitler, communists, probably eventually Blacks) would be "culled"/wiped out while encouraging phenotypes he considered desirable (basically tall, strong, Nordic looking types, that cheered 'Heil Hitler' a lot) to breed. Of course his war led to millions of persons including many of his "aryans" to die. Sadly Hitler did succeed in pretty much chasing the Jews out of Germany and Poland. Poland was a 40% Jewish country in 1939. Between Aushwitz and postwar oppression by the Polish Communists there are something like 7,000 Polish Jews in the entire country today.

God also told Adam and Eve not to eat the apple but they did.He gives us free will to do what we want to do.Everyone has there own opinion on various aspects in life and I am stating mine.I have my beliefs and everyone else has theirs.The question in my mind is this:Is it moral for someone to set in labs and put genes and cells together to artificially put life into an animal or human.In my opinion,it is not a moral thing to do.Look at all the cloning accidents that are happening.That is my belief and that is what I will stick to.

Well crud...would someone, preferably Beef11, answer what cloning has to do with left wingers?

He11, left wingers, right wingers, both sides make some sense...if I just knew why one was being assigned something that makes no blasted sense!

Left wingers would promote cloning...right wingers would not...ergo, what you've, Beef11, purported makes no sense at all.

Alice

Well heck i explained it once. For the record i am around cloning alot and it is suprisingly done by a group of Right Wingers, They listen to Oreilly while Cloning. Hippies have issues with leaving things Natural and DO have an issue with cloning also with raising livestock (cows should be free and we should eat salad) If you look at all of the people cloning they are predominatley Right Wing (fact).

I have found that most people who have major issues with cloning are also very ignorant when it comes to cloning, I doubt that you are an exception.

Brandonm- I don't think you are Hitler. I appreciate your open mind and foresight. It takes vision to look to the future and it doesn't take much to criticize it. Keep your good perspective on things.

Beef11":3fjrifl1 said:

Alice

Well heck i explained it once.

Not very well, if at all.

For the record i am around cloning alot and it is suprisingly done by a group of Right Wingers, They listen to Oreilly while Cloning.

Wonder if O'Reilly knows that :shock: How about you ask O'Reilly AND Rush what they think about cloning...and get back to us. :lol2:

Hippies have issues with leaving things Natural and DO have an issue with cloning also with raising livestock (cows should be free and we should eat salad)

I think that's Peta you're talking about...and PETA's gotten a long way with the Right in getting their agenda across to them.

If you look at all of the people cloning they are predominatley Right Wing (fact).

Then that right wing cloning bunch are sell outs chasing the almighty dollar, 'cause cloning and stem cell research are going pretty much hand in hand and it's the right wing that knocked stem cell research in the head :x . You need to get your facts straight here. It's the Right Wing conservatives that are against anything to do with the scientific altering of "natural order."

I have found that most people who have major issues with cloning are also very ignorant when it comes to cloning, I doubt that you are an exception.

Nothing new there...according to some my ignorance level knows no bounds! 8)

Brandonm- I don't think you are Hitler.

Who called Brandonm Hitler? Someone just stated that cloning was something that seemed to interest Hitler. That's a far cry from calling ANYONE Hitler.

Brandonm, for the record, I am certain you are not Hitler! And, I am certain, that you are intelligent, open minded, kind, compassionate, and far thinking...and have every right to your opinion, and I mean that sincerely. :)

Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts