The clones are coming!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef11":2sevcn4l said:
Nothing new there...according to some my ignorance level knows no bounds!

EXACTLY.

Well, now there's an indepth answer...

Oh, don't forget to get in touch with O'Reilly and Rush, ya' hear? I anxiously await their opinions on cloning. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Alice

Thus far you have said nothing about what makes cloning so bad just criticized others views who have seen both sides of the issue instead of no sides of the issue like yourself.

So why is cloning so wrong?

You mentioned Stem cells, Do you know what they are? Do you know anything about the research they have been involved in?

Beef11":3oa8ih9w said:
Thus far you have said nothing about what makes cloning so bad just criticized others views who have seen both sides of the issue instead of no sides of the issue like yourself.

You mentioned Stem cells, Do you know what they are? Do you know anything about the research they have been involved in?

My beef (woops) is not about cloning, per se...but rather about your misinformed notion and outright claim that cloning is supported by the right wing...nothing is further from the truth!

Re: stem cells...yes, I know what stem cells are...yes, I know about the research stem cells are involved in. And, I will also say that the breeds board of the cattle board is not the place to debate stem cell research, therefore, I will not.

Now, as to cloning...I, myself,find cloning morally and ethically wrong. I believe that nature has boundaries, and altho I am one that has no problem scientifically pushing the boundaries for the greater good, i.e., cures for Parkinson's disease, cancer, spinal damage, etc., I do have problems with destroying nature's boundaries, and creating carbon copies of individual life forms is destroying nature's boundaries, in my opinion.

Alice

Brandonm2":6yywjtul said:
Where did I suggest killing a child??? Or not trying to save a child? There is a difference between not creating a child that is highly likely to be crippled and killing a child that is crippled.

Here is where

Brandonm2":6yywjtul said:
The first rule of medicine is to "Do no harm" and creating a disabled child when you knew that was a likely outcome is doing harm.

I should have had serious health problems due to the lack of O2 for that length of time. He should have stopped around 8 minutes according to your definition.

Alice":3mbqn8wx said:
Beef11":3mbqn8wx said:

My beef (woops) is not about cloning, per se...but rather about your misinformed notion and outright claim that cloning is supported by the right wing...nothing is further from the truth!

Re: stem cells...yes, I know what stem cells are...yes, I know about the research stem cells are involved in. And, I will also say that the breeds board of the cattle board is not the place to debate stem cell research, therefore, I will not.

Now, as to cloning...I, myself,find cloning morally and ethically wrong. I believe that nature has boundaries, and altho I am one that has no problem scientifically pushing the boundaries for the greater good, i.e., cures for Parkinson's disease, cancer, spinal damage, etc., I do have problems with destroying nature's boundaries, and creating carbon copies of individual life forms is destroying nature's boundaries, in my opinion.

Alice

For once Alice we are in total agreement. Must be some kind of cosmic event in the universe such as the unstopable object traveling through the universe striking the unmovable object.

Caustic Burno":dpdupowq said:
Alice":dpdupowq said:
Beef11":dpdupowq said:

Alice

For once Alice we are in total agreement. Must be some kind of cosmic event in the universe such as the unstopable object traveling through the universe striking the unmovable object.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cloning and Stem cell research will have their day. Today is not the day. It is still research. Progress should not be stopped. The winds of change will go on forever. As for God. To God be the Glory.

Caustic Burno":1plh1htm said:
Well, well, Caustic old buddy. :lol: You and Alice---imagine that. I could tell by the way you've been treating her that you were really just pulling on her ponytail to get her attention. Now the truth finally comes out. "Must be some kind of cosmic event in the universe....." :heart:

Wewild":15p2b1eq said:
Brandonm2":15p2b1eq said:
Where did I suggest killing a child??? Or not trying to save a child? There is a difference between not creating a child that is highly likely to be crippled and killing a child that is crippled.

Here is where

Brandonm2":15p2b1eq said:
The first rule of medicine is to "Do no harm" and creating a disabled child when you knew that was a likely outcome is doing harm.

I should have had serious health problems due to the lack of O2 for that length of time. He should have stopped around 8 minutes according to your definition.

Ok, we have some communication problems here. The doctor TREATED you he did NOT CREATE you. He is not responsible for the mess, he is just trying to give your parents the best possible outcome. To me a retarded child would be a better outcome than a CORPSE. I would not support a doctor quitting on a patient because there MIGHT be some negative side effects, if the patient lives. Intentionally killing you would qualify as "doing harm". Creating clones when you KNOW that 10-30% of the clones WILL likely have disabilities means that you do NOT CREATE clones.

Okay,
I know I said I was done here,

But as a grandfather who has lost a child, I do take offense at this.

Carson was born 3 months premature, no oxygen to his brain, and lived in intensive care his whole short life. On July 4th of 2002, we buried him. I cannot, and will not go into what was God's Will.

warpaint":9yin7tfw said:
Okay,

Carson was born 3 months premature, no oxygen to his brain, and lived in intensive care his whole short life. On July 4th of 2002, we buried him. I cannot, and will not go into what God's Will.

Sorry for the lose of little Carson. I hope I haven't caused you more pain.

There is nothing worse than burying a child.

Take care.

Wewild":2xxrn7tb said:
warpaint":2xxrn7tb said:
Okay,

Carson was born 3 months premature, no oxygen to his brain, and lived in intensive care his whole short life. On July 4th of 2002, we buried him. I cannot, and will not go into what God's Will.

There is nothing worse than buying a child.

Take care.

I'' assume you meant interring a child as opposed to buying one.

warpaint":2xm3603q said:
Wewild":2xm3603q said:
warpaint":2xm3603q said:
Okay,

There is nothing worse than buying a child.

Take care.

I'' assume you meant interring a child as opposed to buying one.

What a typo.

As you have suggested.

but rather about your misinformed notion and outright claim that cloning is supported by the right wing...nothing is further from the truth!

Most people who are involved in clonig at this point are in the Agricultural world. The Ag world has a strong tendency to be right wing. I am involved in the circles where cloning done and yes they are conservatives by a large majority. I'm not talking about radicals wanting to clone people for organ farms. Most cloning is in Agriculture and done by the Right wing majority.

I'm sorry if this upsets you but its the way it is.

All this talk about RIGHT WING and LEFT WING,,,,,it makes me hungry for some chicken ,,,,,Lighten up people. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Beefy11 - lets back up. You say a clone's semen should produce offspring exactly like the original. So they really are NOT like twins?? Twins don't necessary LOOK alike or perform alike, and I don't KNOW for a fact, but I don't think semen from twins would produce offspring equally to one another (if that makes sense?).
Backtract to the two bulls Dun posted. They REALLY didn't look at all alike, and their EPD's were different.
Full sibs EPD's are exactly the same to begin with, than they may change once offspring are on the ground.
So, if those two cloned bulls that are in production, were producing "like" offspring, wouldn't their EPD's be the same? I'm not arguing - just trying to learn.
In my mind, I always thought a clone should be just like the original - and produce offsping exactly like the original.
But, Triple C cloned Power Drive & looking at pics - they do not look identical. So the explaination that clones were like twins sorta made sense. But, now I'm confused again.
Help!

Clones should produce calves with the same genetic information exactly. So should identical twins.

dun":1iokspmg said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1iokspmg said:
Soooo - big question again is: will they PRODUCE offspring like the original??? Time will tell.

If you look at the EPDsyou';; get the notion that they don't produce the same in their offspring

dun
That's not what I get. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts