The AAA Foot EPD

Help Support CattleToday:

gizmom said:
BR
I am going to call BS on that, genomics are a tool just e EPD's are a tool.

Gimom

There is so much that is hidden in that genome. Everything from the shape of a hair follicle to the digestion of a blade of grass is encoded in that genome. It might be 30 years and beef might lose its commercial value before it happens, but the whole story is there. It has to be uncovered and correlated. It would be the solution to the "human factor". The only thing that will stop it from happening is economics. The cost of animal protein just might might make beef as we know it today - obsolete.

At the ends of the day, no matter how much data and high accuracy EPD's and genomics that the pair have, we are still mating a bull to a cow and we are stuck with what both sides have to offer and how they intertwine. We are not able to take this particular genome from this bull and add on that genome from that bull to give us exactly what we are after. They probably have achieved it in the laboratory but I don't think even Branded is using that technology yet.

Ken

PS This is why we enjoy it, we practice " the art of Breeding".

wbvs58 said:
At the ends of the day, no matter how much data and high accuracy EPD's and genomics that the pair have, we are still mating a bull to a cow and we are stuck with what both sides have to offer and how they intertwine. We are not able to take this particular genome from this bull and add on that genome from that bull to give us exactly what we are after. They probably have achieved it in the laboratory but I don't think even Branded is using that technology yet.

Ken

PS This is why we enjoy it, we practice " the art of Breeding".

It's an ancient Art. Artist don't like too much scientific intrusion into the Art they enjoy.

Latest posts