Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3afu2pk1 said:
Having Thanksgiving dinner with my daughter so the menu will be "pot luck". ;-) Bet it will all be good though.

You bringing the brewski's?

hillsdown":3afu2pk1 said:
Whatever you all decide to feast on , enjoy !!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and may God continue to bless you and keep your tables bountiful . :tiphat:

]

Thank you very much HD same to you :tiphat:

skyhightree1":yisqpcmi said:
I am talking to the other half now about what to do for thanksgiving we are tired of all the same old stuff and will probably do the turkey and all for christmas. We are thinking about this as a menu listed below. What is everyone else having? Traditional meal or different? Any suggestion of anything else to try?

Pan of LasagnaSalad
Garlic bread w provolone
Shrimp Fondue
BBQ chicken
Tar Heel Pies
Pecan Pie
Yellow lemon cake with Chocolate icing

Lasagna IS traditional for me!! That or baked ziti, stuffed shells, cannelloni, etc :lol2:

I haven't been able to host Thanksgiving in years, so I always try to be the one that brings the non-traditional something. It's not that I don't like tradition, I'm just not that big a fan of most of the "traditional" Thanksgiving fare. Roast turkey, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole really don't make my list of top 100 favorite foods, but I get it that everybody else seems to love 'em......Well all except the green bean casserole, that seems like a travesty to do with otherwise perfectly lovely green beans. Your menu sounds yummy to me!

It's become tradition in my husbands family for me to make escalloped oysters for all the Holidays, because his Dad loved them so much.

CottageFarm":3lo0ssrh said:
skyhightree1":3lo0ssrh said:
I am talking to the other half now about what to do for thanksgiving we are tired of all the same old stuff and will probably do the turkey and all for christmas. We are thinking about this as a menu listed below. What is everyone else having? Traditional meal or different? Any suggestion of anything else to try?

Pan of LasagnaSalad
Garlic bread w provolone
Shrimp Fondue
BBQ chicken
Tar Heel Pies
Pecan Pie
Yellow lemon cake with Chocolate icing

Lasagna IS traditional for me!! That or baked ziti, stuffed shells, cannelloni, etc :lol2:

I haven't been able to host Thanksgiving in years, so I always try to be the one that brings the non-traditional something. It's not that I don't like tradition, I'm just not that big a fan of most of the "traditional" Thanksgiving fare. Roast turkey, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole really don't make my list of top 100 favorite foods, but I get it that everybody else seems to love 'em......Well all except the green bean casserole, that seems like a travesty to do with otherwise perfectly lovely green beans. Your menu sounds yummy to me!

It's become tradition in my husbands family for me to make escalloped oysters for all the Holidays, because his Dad loved them so much.

CF I will be over save me a plate it may take a while.

skyhightree1":3aamyy7k said:
TexasBred":3aamyy7k said:
Having Thanksgiving dinner with my daughter so the menu will be "pot luck". ;-) Bet it will all be good though.

Nope...was hoping son in law might break out his bottle. :shock: :mrgreen:

Getting together with GF's family and My daughter and grand daughter are coming so it will be traditional.

Turkey and homemade cornbread dressing
giblet gravy
sweet potato casserole(i prefer glazed sweet potatoes myself)
Potato Salad
le sueur peas
spinach madeline
green bean casserole
homemade pimento cheese
yeast rolls
pralines, pecan pie and Italian cream cake

Friday is turkey and pimento cheese sandwiches with leftover dressing and gravy

GF got a small brisket for Saturday while watching football.

TexasBred":abugp76p said:
skyhightree1":abugp76p said:
TexasBred":abugp76p said:

Nope...was hoping son in law might break out his bottle. :shock: :mrgreen:

lol we will be breaking out the jars. :mrgreen:

Latest posts