National Cheeseburger day. Any ideas?

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz

Reaction score
There really is a national cheeseburger day Sunday. I'm not making it up but would it matter if I was?

I'm thing some double beef patty with 2 slices of American cheese, onions, jalapenos and a garden tomato if I can find one. Wife will put 14 pickles on hers.
What sounds good to you guys? Gimme some ideas!

Don't know if I ever met a cheeseburger I didn't like! Good juicy patty grilled medium/ medium well with onions and mushrooms and just a dab of bbq sauce is my go to. As for a chain burger, 5 Guys is best I have had but getting pricey.

I will catch crap for this but once or twice a year a Mcdonalds burger just sounds good. Something about the onions and pickles they use.

There really is a national cheeseburger day Sunday. I'm not making it up but would it matter if I was?

I'm thing some double beef patty with 2 slices of American cheese, onions, jalapenos and a garden tomato if I can find one. Wife will put 14 pickles on hers.
What sounds good to you guys? Gimme some ideas!

Skip the Mexican pickles (otherwise known as jalapenos) and add a few slices of avocado instead. Or maybe a fried egg.

At home a good sized hamburger patty, grilled with onions and jalapeños. Topped with about any kind of cheese, maybe a little yellow mustard.
For fast food, Braum's 1/3 lb cheeseburger. Sure wish we had one in KY.
Looks like we might get to try Whataburger next time we visit Oklahoma, they are starting to build it from what I understand.

1.5lbs of home raised ground beef grilled on charcoal, American cheese, lettuce, home raised tomato, kosher dill pickles, on loaf of Italian bread. with some fresh sweet corn.
This used to be our friendly challenge when we had friends over for a cookout. It tasted so good, I may have to make one this weekend.

At home a good sized hamburger patty, grilled with onions and jalapeños. Topped with about any kind of cheese, maybe a little yellow mustard.
For fast food, Braum's 1/3 lb cheeseburger. Sure wish we had one in KY.
Looks like we might get to try Whataburger next time we visit Oklahoma, they are starting to build it from what I understand.
You'll be disappointed!

No longer 1/3lb. All are 1/4 now. Same price. And ya can't order a hamburger. Gotta order a cheeseburger, pay for the cheese anyway, and have em hold the cheese.

I'm no longer a fan of braums. They. Ouldve just raised the price a touch and still been themselves but nooooo. Gotta be pansies and be like everyone else.

1/2 pound patty, grilled onions, garlic, and blue cheese.

For fast food, Culver's deluxe double.

I like to make the smashburgers and just stack them up (2 or 3). You don't have to make a patty and they take like 1 minute per side and are done.

You'll be disappointed!

No longer 1/3lb. All are 1/4 now. Same price. And ya can't order a hamburger. Gotta order a cheeseburger, pay for the cheese anyway, and have em hold the cheese.

I'm no longer a fan of braums. They. Ouldve just raised the price a touch and still been themselves but nooooo. Gotta be pansies and be like everyone else.
We were there in August and could still get a bigger burger, I can't remember what it was called. It was still good, I hope it hasn't changed. We don't have anything here fast food wise that even remotely compares. Our best here comes from Cookout, and they have recently started serving smaller burgers too. Hardee's used to have pretty hamburgers but the quality of those has dropped too.

We were there in August and could still get a bigger burger, I can't remember what it was called. It was still good, I hope it hasn't changed. We don't have anything here fast food wise that even remotely compares. Our best here comes from Cookout, and they have recently started serving smaller burgers too. Hardee's used to have pretty hamburgers but the quality of those has dropped too.
When I was a kid there were White Castle(?) burgers in Nashville. I think they were a chain in the south. They had a deal on little, tiny, mini-burgers with cooked onions on them... 10(?) for a buck. Damn good burgers.

Last edited:
A little burger trivia, A&W tried to sell a 1/3 pound burger to compete with McDonalds 1/4 pounder, it didn't sell well because most people thought a 1/3 pound was smaller than a 1/4 pound. Just proves just how dumb people are.

In my opinion a cheeseburger is just not complete without bacon.

Latest posts