National Cheeseburger day. Any ideas?

Help Support CattleToday:

We were there in August and could still get a bigger burger, I can't remember what it was called. It was still good, I hope it hasn't changed. We don't have anything here fast food wise that even remotely compares. Our best here comes from Cookout, and they have recently started serving smaller burgers too. Hardee's used to have pretty hamburgers but the quality of those has dropped too.
Carl's Jr. still has the Diablo burger in Mexico!

Only order cheeseburgers for my wife, not likely to order a hamburger for myself anymore. That pretty much stems from ordering a hamburger and being asked if I want cheese on it .... .... .... well now, wouldn't that make it a cheeseburger? Yeah, I order a hamburger and do know the difference in being charged $1 for a 5 cent piece of bad cheese.

Yeah, making everything a cheeseburger isn't right either.

I do the chicken sandwiches now. Not easy to fake the meat in one of those. Hamburgers are reserved for the home grill, where I know the meat is ground chuck.

I miss Whataburger's Jalapeno Death burger from back in the late 70s.....
It would probably not be politically correct to name it that nowadays.

Charcoal grilled some hamburgers from a braford cow last night. Wife mixes chopped up onions and jalapeños in them.
We then went to visit some elderly friends from church and took some fried potatoes, and hamburgers and had our supper with them. Fixed them a couple hamburgers without the jalapeños, last time they thought they were a bit too hot😂. We thought they would be ok with it because the man goes to great detail telling how he puts hot pepper in the tomato juice they can.
Anyways had a great time visiting and eating with a great family.

Last edited:
Well I just figured out what you guys are talking about when you say "American cheese". I've never heard that term for processed cheese before. Combined with my discovery a few years ago as to what you call Canadian bacon (back bacon) I now feel much more prepared to have a culinary discussion with you foreigners 🤣

You must not know the same Southern Baptists I know.
It depends on the individuals and sometimes yes some congregations kind of don't push the t total way, some do. I'm sure that there are folks in our congregation that will and do drink, Its not everyone, as most are more traditional and actually do take seriously the way of life .
My father and uncle were alcoholics, so I'm no stranger to that way of life and it's pitfalls. I promised myself at a young age I would not go down that road.
I've drank some wine, even made some just for the heck of it, years ago. It was more of a me wanting to face it and walk away type thing.
So many people are deceived into thinking they need alcohol to have a good time, and that's one thing that I enjoy about the fellowship in our current church is that we can get together and enjoy that time without alcohol or references to it.
The church we attended previously, some folks openly drank, and it was not something we were comfortable with.

Hamburgers are one of those foods that apparently vary depending on geographical location. Here, if you order a hamburger all the way, it will typically come with lettuce, tomatoes, dill pickles, mustard, onions, and mayonnaise. Back about 25 years ago when I'd spend a month or so working in North Dakota I discovered that the same wasn't true everywhere the first time I ordered a hamburger and it came with ketchup and no mayonnaise. Some of the places there, or on the way there, wouldn't even have mayonnaise if I asked for it.

I don't order mine with pickles or mustard. It's not that I don't like pickles or mustard, but they both have such a strong taste that when in a hamburger I can't taste anything else. If I do happen to be served one with pickles I'll open it up, remove the pickles, eat them separately, and then eat the hamburger.

You must not know the same Southern Baptists I know.
Exactly I fish with mine and we're both tee totalers.
Not being judge mental, I never tasted a beer I liked. I see no harm in a beer or a mixed drink as long as it's not abused like anything else.
I probably have two mixed drinks a year, it doesn't mix well with my diabetes.