Happy Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We have a big Thanksgiving at our house every year with a blend of people from my wife's family and mine as well as whoever else shows up, that's how I like it. Wife has been baking for a few days already and I smoked a turkey last night. Some years I smoke it and some I deep fry it. Our son and daughter in law will be with us today, last year they were in Texas at her family's ranch. Tonight we will go to my niece's and nephew's for another feast but it will be brisket.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.
This year, wife's family is coming to our place for thanksgiving. This will be the first time in 17 years she has been with them for thanksgiving as most of them are in Oklahoma and she has been in Ohio and KY. I'm the only one left in my family and we have a standing invitation to the home of some good friends that we take them up on most years this one being a rare exception.
Since her family is coming in at different times, we're staggering out the meals.
Beef roast last night, turkey for tonight, then some other dishes along the way and leftovers for a while.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Love hearing everyone's story.
"I" have NEVER cooked a TG dinner. When Ken & I married, both our Moms lived close. They would trade off Christmas and TG - switching each year with both families celebrating together.
Then, when we moved out here, Ken's Dad & step mom lived here and they insisted on Holidays at their place. About 30 years ago, my family from RI (sister/hubby, nephews/girlfriends now wifes) all started coming for a long TG weekend of food and hunting. Now, they come for at least a week. Generally, 8-12 people each time. I still don't make TG dinner. They plan all the meals, cook, serve, clean up, house clean, laundry, etc. I hunt with the guys. I do cook most breakfasts - shared with others, but I'm the egg cooker!!!
I don't miss the experience of cooking a holiday meal and don't plan to ever try!!!!
edit: I have a very small old house. We are wall to wall air mattresses!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We have a big Thanksgiving at our house every year with a blend of people from my wife's family and mine as well as whoever else shows up, that's how I like it. Wife has been baking for a few days already and I smoked a turkey last night. Some years I smoke it and some I deep fry it. Our son and daughter in law will be with us today, last year they were in Texas at her family's ranch. Tonight we will go to my niece's and nephew's for another feast but

Happy Thanksgiving!!
I am temporarily back in the humid, dripping from trees land of the tall pines for Thanksgiving with my 2 wonderful sisters and all their families. (My nearest son lives in Tomball but he and his wife went to Louisiana this year to be with his wife's family for turkey day.)
We had our traditional 'Mexican night' last night, and will do the turkey, ham and dressing thing later today and then wife and I will go back West. I have missed my sisters so much the last 6 months and am happy to be here but will be happy to get back out in a dry open land too.

Glad to be here, but had almost forgotten just how damp it stays here. Back in my new place in Cove, I may not have room to fart without a neighbor smelling it, but at least I can see the sun come up and the most mornings the clear spacious sky. Not so here. 7 am and the light sensitive outside lights still on.

View attachment 23130

View attachment 23131
You wouldn't have been able to see the sunrise this morning my friend. We,ve still got that slow cold rain falling. I wish it rain enough to fill the holes the get outta here.

I hope every one is having a happy thanksgiving, we won't do anything until Sunday. Hopefully every one will be feeling better by then, the wife has the crud pretty bad today.

I'm on my second Thanksgiving for the week. Had Thanksgiving on Sunday at the wife's grandmother's house, talked cows with her uncle who is feeding out a longhorn cross and her aunt who is a newer raiser of miniature herefords. Had today off, went to the BB and bought some stuff because hunting didn't play out. Got some more coming Saturday with my FIL.

I had to google it, the results were as I expected, recipes and pictures of fry bread Indian tacos. You know google learns your algorithm and knows what YOU are searching for usually so it can find the results YOU want. So if yours brought up anything besides the Indian tacos we are discussing, it probably has something to do with what you usually search :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funny you mention that. I'm not brave enough to Google anything. I learned my lesson, along with my wife, twenty years ago.

We had just got hooked up on the internet. Cabela's catalog advertised the Redhead brand on the front cover. My wife was at my office desk ordering Christmas presents.

It was break time. We were all in the office when she said "shoot, shoot, sheet, don't come, stop, stay there….."

I don't know what she arrived at, but her antics were good enough to keep me away. Pretty sure it had a lasting impact on the guys too.

Happy thanksgiving to all.
Mrs and I are having backstrap with rice and gravy today.
This year my family's thanksgiving is on Saturday.
We alternate each year between thanksgiving and Saturday.
This gives everyone equal time with their in-laws.

Would like to wish all my CT friends a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a blessed day with their family!
Back at you. Lot's to be thankful for, if we take the time to reflect on our lives.
For my wife and I today, we haver influenza Type A and therefore the kids and grands couldn't be here to share our blessings.
We are thankful, no the less, for all the family and friends we have and the more than enough so that we can share with others.

Back home just now. I think it rained every mile of the return trip and by far the worst was beginning in Temple and slowed down just before we go into Copperas Cove. I-14 near Nolanville exits was solid sheets of rain.

I ate way too much but really enjoyed seeing my family again. My 2 sisters were the oldest there with me a close 3rd.

I had covid hunting in Montana last week so the wife and I will hang out here just incase, I'd feel bad if I gave it to the elders
I can relate. I tested positive on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so we just passed. My father spent the summer in the hospital due to Covid, so we didn't want a repeat of that with anyone.

Latest posts