Thankful for a good summer

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Certainly not a drought this summer do here. Thankful for the right about of rain so far this year. Looks like the millet is gonna make.

804_July32010.jpg

Nice cow, gorgeous pasture.

I'm about 2 weeks from feeding hay, and that's only because we rotate pastures. My friends that don't do rotational grazing are feeding now. Hard to believe, especially since we had 6' of snow this past winter!

cfpinz":gid7weya said:

I'm about 2 weeks from feeding hay, and that's only because we rotate pastures. My friends that don't do rotational grazing are feeding now. Hard to believe, especially since we had 6' of snow this past winter!

Sure wish I could send you some rain. It hasnt rained in about a week but forcast tonight is lots more rain.Still dont have hay up, hayfield is like a big squishy sponge. May have to turn the cows in on it and buy hay (because its to wet :roll: ) This is worse than any other year I can remember.

Nice grass and cow.

cfpinz":2i54w03x said:

Yep it has been rough,I hope we get the rain at the end of the week. :cboy:

The bad thing about drought is you think they will never end. Then it will start raining close to you and you really think you will never get rain. Good luck guys if I could send you some rain I would. Hopefully it will be over soon.

Thanks for the nice comment but she is a heifer not a cow, she due in September, I have high hopes for her.

Latest posts