Thank God for the rain

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
I saw the forecast last week for rain. Went and planted 15 acres with oats. With this rain here in Texas hopefully they take as long as they dont wash away. No flooding at my place. Just lots of God's blessing rain.

Been 3 months since any significant rain here . We have had a slow steady rain for about 18 hrs so far . I think I'll plant my rye grass next week.

Planted mine Friday, or all I'm going to anyway. Rained all night last night--slow and steady.
(actually the wife did the planting, I just watched and "advised".I didn't have the heart to tell her she was sure missing lots of places and overlapping others)

I'd be planting oats tomorrow if it had stopped with the 4.4 inches it rained Thursday night. I just poured out another 2/10ths for today. Still a little dampness falling but radar shows the rain has passed. Gives me a total so 9.2 inches since Thursday at 4 am when it started.

It's been a good rain. Tanks are full again.

1982vett":1j5nqj5k said:
I'd be planting oats tomorrow if it had stopped with the 4.4 inches it rained Thursday night. I just poured out another 2/10ths for today. Still a little dampness falling but radar shows the rain has passed. Gives me a total so 9.2 inches since Thursday at 4 am when it started.

Our next rain chance is next sat, sun, mon, and tues. Better be ready vette.

Glad we finally got it but I'm pretty sure that the 120 lbs of urea an acre I put down is all gone. With 13 inches of rain I can't imagine much hanging around. At least we got rain though. Sunny weather this week so maybe the winter grasses will begin to come up.

greybeard":3148mt2z said:
1982vett":3148mt2z said:

Our next rain chance is next sat, sun, mon, and tues. Better be ready vette.
Windy yesterday did some drying. Sunshine is helping. If the forecast happens to be right, I'm not sure it will be dry enough to beat it. It took the first 4 1/2 inches like a sponge. The next 5 made it wet. :D

Latest posts