Texas Longhorn Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

PickensCowboy

Reaction score
Does anyone raise them on here. I am looking for some heifers to run this summer. Anyone :cboy:

a good number of breeders on here.

can you be more specific on what you are trying to do? age? bred? where are you located? I can probably find what you are looking for, or point you in the right direction. feel free to pm me, if you would like.

Ryan

I bought a little heifer mainly to kept a twin bottle baby company so I'm really not planning on keeping her I don't think, anyway she has about 1" horns mainly brown sides, white strip down back and tail, and white on all four legs. the guy said she is what they call pen gazer and my husband said thats when you look in the pen and gaze at what you bought. lol but the guy did say she has some long horn in her. has anyone heard of that expression?

PickensCowboy":6zagc8e1 said:
Does anyone raise them on here. I am looking for some heifers to run this summer. Anyone :cboy:
just dont run em to hard,, you need to keep all the tallow on em you can :cowboy:

snickers":2imumq6s said:
I bought a little heifer mainly to kept a twin bottle baby company so I'm really not planning on keeping her I don't think, anyway she has about 1" horns mainly brown sides, white strip down back and tail, and white on all four legs. the guy said she is what they call pen gazer and my husband said thats when you look in the pen and gaze at what you bought. lol but the guy did say she has some long horn in her. has anyone heard of that expression?
Ya think maybe it's a reference to the Pinzgauer coloration? It's a pretty common color pattern in LH and LHx.

thats funny you probably are right. how old would a calf be with 1" horns? I know genetics and everything but just a ball park figure. This little girl only weighed 160Lbs but she looks heavier and bigger than that.