Interesting longhorn read

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, because buying a cow and breeding her isn't raising her. If you buy a corriente and you throw a beefmaster on her, you aren't raising straight corriente, you are raising the cross.
This is why you aren't worth talking to. If you can't answer the questions asked then you're just blowing smoke.

This is why you aren't worth talking to. If you can't answer the questions asked then you're just blowing smoke.
I explained what he meant perfectly well. Your inability to understand that is your problem. As far as what you think of talking to me, you're a long ways from ground if you think I give a damn, and that's putting it politely.

I explained what he meant perfectly well. Your inability to understand that is your problem. As far as what you think of talking to me, you're a long ways from ground if you think I give a damn, and that's putting it politely.
Maybe he has a learning disability?
I told him I never raised pure Corrientes, we just put beef bulls on them, then he takes from that the corriente cows are cross bred.
W. A. Explained it to him, but he didn't want to hear that, sorry I can't help him.

Maybe he has a learning disability?
I told him I never raised pure Corrientes, we just put beef bulls on them, then he takes from that the corriente cows are cross bred.
W. A. Explained it to him, but he didn't want to hear that, sorry I can't help him.
Local colloquialisms differ... Sorry for the misunderstanding if "raised" doesn't mean the same thing everywhere and I took it differently than you meant it... and then don't feel some guy with no experience or answers adds value to the discussion.

But you do you and I'll still be suspicious of the claims. I've raised enough 205 day 600 pound calves to know how hard it can be for most people, even with good cattle, and I've seen enough not get past the 500 mark with better genetics than Corriente. If you automatically go to insults and don't want to be civil then that makes your information suspect too.

I don't believe anyone can raise a 205 day 500 pound calf on a 600 pound mother cow reliably.

Local colloquialisms differ... Sorry for the misunderstanding if "raised" doesn't mean the same thing everywhere and I took it differently than you meant it... and then don't feel some guy with no experience or answers adds value to the discussion.

But you do you and I'll still be suspicious of the claims. I've raised enough 205 day 600 pound calves to know how hard it can be for most people, even with good cattle, and I've seen enough not get past the 500 mark with better genetics than Corriente. If you automatically go to insults and don't want to be civil then that makes your information suspect too.

I don't believe anyone can raise a 205 day 500 pound calf on a 600 pound mother cow reliably.

Sorry I couldn't help.

You are right that I have very little experience with corrientes, I've only interacted with them in a rodeo environment. But I did know what he'd meant by what he said, as you can see. I'm not overly sure what your personal issue is with me and I don't really give a crap, but you're always going to have an easier time finding a reason to try and jump somebody's azz if you go looking for it.

Edit: Actually one dude I did some work for had a few cross breeds that had corriente in the mix but I don't consider that relevant because they were super diluted.

Latest posts