Tenn Death Row Inmate "Felt Pain"........

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":2ai7nhhm said:
Alan Eckert. That is a fascinating book. I like several of his books. The European invaders also committed atrocities and tortures that are described in Eckert's books.

It's been several years since I read one of his. I can only recall massacres right now, though. It seems like the whites like to shoot them and then be done with it. I do remember one section describing Washington marching through ordering a scorched earth policy that probably led to long, drawn out deaths due to starvation. I think the next book I read will be the fifth in his Winning of America series. Great stuff!

Bestoutwest":2lw391l6 said:
Bright Raven":2lw391l6 said:
Alan Eckert. That is a fascinating book. I like several of his books. The European invaders also committed atrocities and tortures that are described in Eckert's books.

It's been several years since I read one of his. I can only recall massacres right now, though. It seems like the whites like to shoot them and then be done with it. I do remember one section describing Washington marching through ordering a scorched earth policy that probably led to long, drawn out deaths due to starvation. I think the next book I read will be the fifth in his Winning of America series. Great stuff!

Trivia: he wrote 255 episodes of Mutual Omaha's Wild Kingdom. I watched that show every Sunday. You may not remember it. That was back in the 1960s.

The frustrating thing about all of this is, they don't have to spend all of the millions fighting over it. I heard a Pharmacist say that the states that allow assisted suicide have the formula for a quick and painless death. That is what the States should use and be done with it.

Bright Raven":69pl920f said:
Trivia: he wrote 255 episodes of Mutual Omaha's Wild Kingdom. I watched that show every Sunday. You may not remember it. That was back in the 1960s.

I believe I've seen a few episodes was that the show Marty Stoufer did?

Bestoutwest":crlxsftx said:
Bright Raven":crlxsftx said:

I believe I've seen a few episodes was that the show Marty Stoufer did?

No. Marlin Perkins. He was a well known herpetologist. He was bitten by a Gaboon Viper at the St Louis zoo. One of the only documented cases of survival of a Gaboon Viper bite. The full account of the bite and treatment is riveting. I cannot remember but they used antivenom from several species of snake because there was none for the Gaboon Viper. The Gaboon Viper has one of the most complex venoms of any snake in the world.

Marty Stoufer was Wild America. I liked it so good growing up that I bought the entire series later in life. Great show imo.

JMJ Farms":1t4aypea said:
Marty Stoufer was Wild America. I liked it so good growing up that I bought the entire series later in life. Great show imo.

I remember being captivated.