Natural Arthritis pain relief.

Help Support CattleToday:

Voltaren is good stuff I have several wash tubs full.
Pain goes with aging just part of the hand we're dealt IMO.
My surgeon and rheumatologist both have said a recliner will kill you!
Got to go and stay active, there are days I want to curl up in the fetal position and cry.
The prescription fish oil has really helped.
I should own stock in hot hands warmers, I use them as a portable heating pad for stiff joints and go on.
I agree with your surgeon & rheumatologist. Use it or lose it! But the recliner is sure nice after you've been active most of the day.

That said, Mr. TC did have an "incident" in the recliner. Guess it never occurred to either of us that if the power goes out, you're screwed. Naturally, I was in town when we lost power and he was fully reclined in "zero gravity mode". Bless his heart, flopping around like a dang turtle on its back, trying to figure out how to flip himself over the side. Plan B: wait it out, maybe take a snooze until I get home or power is restored, whichever came first. Lucky for him, power came on shortly before I got back (I would have laughed - a lot!).

Got to go and stay active, there are days I want to curl up in the fetal position and cry.
I should own stock in hot hands warmers, I use them as a portable heating pad for stiff joints and go on.
I have used Voltaren for 3-4 years. Yes it helps but not like it once did.

I agree with your surgeon & rheumatologist. Use it or lose it! But the recliner is sure nice after you've been active most of the day.

That said, Mr. TC did have an "incident" in the recliner. Guess it never occurred to either of us that if the power goes out, you're screwed. Naturally, I was in town when we lost power and he was fully reclined in "zero gravity mode". Bless his heart, flopping around like a dang turtle on its back, trying to figure out how to flip himself over the side. Plan B: wait it out, maybe take a snooze until I get home or power is restored, whichever came first. Lucky for him, power came on shortly before I got back (I would have laughed - a lot!).
My recliner has a magic lever, pull it and your eyes slam shut.

claven1.jpg
you're welcome..

No flour and sugar for 30 days and see what happens. It doesn't cure you but it takes away inflammation in the joint.
I have it bad in my hands and have great results by just watching what I eat.
I won't take drugs for it.
Just seen Dr. last week and we discussed putting off surgery. I was considering surgery.
Agree with the diet suggestions MCR. I hope you can keep from having surgery, ever.

Believe it or not, Vit C is fantastic for inflammation relief. Vit D levels can impact pain tolerance. So can your natural hair color. Studies show that people with gene for red hair are more sensitive to physical pain than others. I've woke up in the middle of every surgery I've ever had and am notoriously hard to deaden in the case of small surgeries/stitches or dental work. Years ago a surgeon told me this and since then I've discussed it with a few other doctors who said they were aware of study. Not sure if second study was completed but same researchers were studying pain and people who were tow-headed/cotton tops (hair so blonde it's almost white) as children.

Next time you get a blood test, ask your doctor to add Vit D test it if he doesn't already. I have several spinal diseases (arthritis is one) and have learned a bit about vitamins. I don't take drugs for pain anymore as I refuse to have ineffective (for me) spinal injections in order to get a prescription for something I'd rather not take anyway. By the grace of God, I have many good days where I can do simple chores around here. On the bad days I pray, sleep, and thank God for heating pads, ice packs, retirement and a good husband.

A good reference doctor/page for vitamins is Dr Andrew Saul. Tons of free info with studies on his website; scroll down on left side of page for ABC listing of ailments or use internal search tool if you don't see something listed. He's also written several books and offers a free newsletter if you're interested. doctoryourself.com

If your hands are hurting, you can get a wax warming machine pretty cheap nowadays. If you're the only one using it, you can recycle the wax. I have one and love it. A lot of people use it on their feet too.

Bio Schwartz Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine 1500mg - Natural Joint Support with 95% Standardized Curcuminoids & Black Pepper Extract for Ultra High Absorption & Potency - Non GMO - Gluten Free - 90 Capsules for 16.91 helps me a lot. Only complaint is taking three big capsules each day.

Lots of good suggestions have been given. I'm thinking of trying that willow balm myself. Hope you find relief, MCR and Kenny!
Shalom.

Have taken it every day for several years. Along with Tumeric, Tart Cherry extract, apple cider vinegar.
So I'll chime in here; I'm only 34, but been fighting arthritis for years. I'm big into stuff with science to back it, not anything 'mystical'.
Turmeric (with piperine, to help the good stuff get absorbed better) works WONDERS; in many cases it's as good as painkillers at reducing inflammation. Works fast, too. If you haven't tried the pills yet, I highly reccomend it as the first response to 'ow, why does everything hurt'.

My whole family has inflamamation-related/autoimmune stuff going on in just about everybody. One of the biggest things I've found over the years is that things stack up and make it worse, or better:
Good things: Getting enough sleep, reducing stress (Deep breathing, though it sounds hokey, actually works WONDERS to your body - again, big science behind this. Some of us don't realize we're constantly go-go-go, running on fumes and not breathing properly, as silly as that sounds. That directly affects your digestion and gut, and leads to all sorts of inflammatory and chronic problems).
All the good stuff like avoiding foods that cause inflammation for you, and getting enough of the foods that reduce inflammation.
Bad things: Eating inflammatory foods, smoking, not knowing how to slow down and de-stress, not getting enough sleep. (Just to name a few).

Inflammation's a killer; I think people are going to start hearing more about this as we start figuring it out as a society. Contributes to just about everything problematic including chronic illnesses, cancers, degenerative diseases, painful joints, you name it, it's likely caused or exascerbated by inflammation.

Hope you can find some relief! I found, after my concussion (ie, a big stressor after years of 'small stressors' like finances), and things getting 100x worse with a 'chronic illness', I really started finding out what exactly I was eating that was bothering me, (maybe check out the AIP (autoimmune protocol) diet (a temporary elimination diet to help figure out the foods that bother you, if you think what you eat might be an issue) along with how to properly de-stress after so many years of not knowing how.. and I was able to get off the heavy drugs for an autoimmune condition and start 'getting away with' living life a bit more, instead of being nearly in the hospital eating things that aren't good for me and suffering immensely with all kinds of inflammation issues.

Cheers!

Thank you all for the Willow Bark suggestion! I bought capsule and topical cream. I had my left knee replaced last August and apparently am "over using" my right knee getting in and out of the tractor. The topical cream is amazing for relief. I truly appreciate this suggestion!

Thank you all for the Willow Bark suggestion! I bought capsule and topical cream. I had my left knee replaced last August and apparently am "over using" my right knee getting in and out of the tractor. The topical cream is amazing for relief. I truly appreciate this suggestion!
It does help for sure. I still need something stronger though.

Like my wife, she keeps things very orderly, but if I don't like where something is, I don't have to wait long, she will have it moved in another spot shortly, always moving stuff around.
Decades ago, one of the toolpushers in the drilling company I worked for in south Louisiana got a divorce after many years of marriage.
One day, I asked him how single life was going.
He said, with that heavy cajun drawl...

"Ya know, neg (he called everbody neg) it aint so bad.. I set somethin down on the counter, go outside or down to the cockfights, when I git back in the house, it's still RIGHT there where I left it"

After reading this I had a tube of Voltaren Gel I had never tried. After using it a couple times it is good. Reading the warning label, it sounds like you don't need to use no more than you have to. Asper cream is about worthless.

Last edited:

Latest posts