Tennessee Walking Horses Find Relief!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
reeler":1sto1o26 said:
danl":1sto1o26 said:
Speaking of animal abuse has anyone else heard of the uproar over the movie " A dog's purpose" ? I watched the video clip and was expecting to see horrific beatings or something. Couldn't believe it was just a guy trying to get a dog to go in the water.. He could be facing prison time...
I suppose everyone that gives a dog a bath could be subject to possibly Lethal injection??????
There are some hilarious videos on youtube of unwilling baths by dogs. I think If I had one on there I would be taking it down. The world has completely lost its mind...
The video clip I saw from this movie was, in my opinion, Horrific. The dog was forced into raging water, & they had to stop shooting the scene. :2cents:
Made my skin crawl too. Happy that the humane society rep got canned for it.

Dogs are definitely my friend; including my cows as they help me make a living, and give me good calves. I enjoy going out each day and checking on them. Horses are another great friend of mine, and I miss them greatly, but at the same time, I know that I don't have time to ride them all the time.
I was listening to someone make the old statement, "A horses brain is the size of a walnut." I know a lot of people that only use a walnut size portion of their brain to think with. :nod:
Horses and Dogs are like people. Some are much much smarter than others. The really smart ones were fun to deal with because they would try to guess what you would do next before you did it. Or open the stall doors and the gates. I do miss them.

Chuckie":1muecyty said:
Dogs are definitely my friend; including my cows as they help me make a living, and give me good calves. I enjoy going out each day and checking on them. Horses are another great friend of mine, and I miss them greatly, but at the same time, I know that I don't have time to ride them all the time.
I was listening to someone make the old statement, "A horses brain is the size of a walnut." I know a lot of people that only use a walnut size portion of their brain to think with. :nod:
Horses and Dogs are like people. Some are much much smarter than others. The really smart ones were fun to deal with because they would try to guess what you would do next before you did it. Or open the stall doors and the gates. I do miss them.

Made me laugh. That is funny!!!!

Edited to add: on the subject of animal abuse, there is a picture on Facebook of two teenagers who cut the ears off a dog for sport. If they did that to my dogs, I could put a "bullet behind their ear" and never think upon it again. Talk about sick!!! I was ready to contribute to PETA.

Margonme, Someone cutting a dogs ears off for fun makes me sick. Their eyes, ears and tails are their expression. People that can torture like that, I can't even express my anger and feelings toward that. Well actually I can, but this post would be removed.

Who would not like to shoot these basturds?
dh4x8o.jpg

Chuckie":1v5hfujs said:
Oh gosh, I was so glad that I did not see what you were talking about on Facebook. That totally makes my heart hurt. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Chuckie,

That picture haunted me. I think it is more horrific to hurt an animal than it is a human. I don't try to explain that. I just know when I see a picture of that kind of cruelty, it makes me volatile. I don't even like someone tormenting a snake or a fish. If you need to kill, kill it humanely.

My beautiful friends:
34ijl7q.jpg

I hope they put those boys in jail and some of the inmates returned the deed. That is truly horrible. This is not my full true feelings as what I want to say would be deleted.

So, as far as the original topic goes, this thing is apparently dead in the water. Something about Obama not getting the whole thing and others completely done, and Trump vacating the unfinished executive orders Obama did??? If anyone has a more accurate update, let us know. I'm just add-libbing something I saw on a news feed.....

midTN_Brangusman":3bj7rdtc said:
Chuckie":3bj7rdtc said:
I just read in my local newspaper that the USDA is going to restrict the "soring" of Tennessee Walking Horses. I do realize that people love to see them pick their legs up to their nose in pain, but for the love of a horse, I cannot imagine inflicting that kind of pain on anything. This is long overdue!!!! Just my :2cents: worth!
Chuckie

My family has raised and trained Walking Horses for 70 plus years. Those horses get better care than most people. Yes their are a few bad apples that give the breed a bad name, but that is in every business. It is obvious you don't have a clue about the breed or their gait, please keep your opinions to yourself if you have no knowledge in the matter.

My wife trail rides an old walker that used to be a big lick horse, his legs were cut way before he came to us in order to make his gait more pronounced. He's a teenager now and his confirmation is horrible, and has developed navicular which we are treating. It's sad that folks would treat an animal in that manner, and it shows a true lack of character on your part to chastise someone for condemning those actions. For some reason I got the feeling you were that pr*ck from Tennessee who kept getting banned from here about 10 years ago, thanks for clearing that up. Get a life.

cfpinz":2ae4a4i9 said:
midTN_Brangusman":2ae4a4i9 said:
Chuckie":2ae4a4i9 said:
I just read in my local newspaper that the USDA is going to restrict the "soring" of Tennessee Walking Horses. I do realize that people love to see them pick their legs up to their nose in pain, but for the love of a horse, I cannot imagine inflicting that kind of pain on anything. This is long overdue!!!! Just my :2cents: worth!
Chuckie

My family has raised and trained Walking Horses for 70 plus years. Those horses get better care than most people. Yes their are a few bad apples that give the breed a bad name, but that is in every business. It is obvious you don't have a clue about the breed or their gait, please keep your opinions to yourself if you have no knowledge in the matter.

My wife trail rides an old walker that used to be a big lick horse, his legs were cut way before he came to us in order to make his gait more pronounced. He's a teenager now and his confirmation is horrible, and has developed navicular which we are treating. It's sad that folks would treat an animal in that manner, and it shows a true lack of character on your part to chastise someone for condemning those actions. For some reason I got the feeling you were that pr*ck from Tennessee who kept getting banned from here about 10 years ago, thanks for clearing that up. Get a life.

I just joined the board last year bud. Your description of your horse shows your ignorance on the subject. Trainers don't "cut" their horses legs, hence why they have inspections at shows. Cutting a horses legs aren't going to enhance his gait but will make you a lame horse. I have two of our favorite older horses that we won the most with, they are 19 and 21 years old. We pleasure ride them now and you wouldn't know they were over 7 and 8 by looking at them. Anyway, the bill has been dropped and the "big lick" will continue my friend. :banana: :banana:

midTN_Brangusman":3u63ihnb said:
I just joined the board last year bud. Your description of your horse shows your ignorance on the subject. Trainers don't "cut" their horses legs, hence why they have inspections at shows. Cutting a horses legs aren't going to enhance his gait but will make you a lame horse. I have two of our favorite older horses that we won the most with, they are 19 and 21 years old. We pleasure ride them now and you wouldn't know they were over 7 and 8 by looking at them. Anyway, the bill has been dropped and the "big lick" will continue my friend. :banana: :banana:

For the record, I really don't give a rat's @ss if you big lick it or not. Never shown a horse and never will.

FYI some "trainers" do cut the legs of their horses, my wife's is one of them. Maybe you could call Blue Ridge Equine and tell their vets that they don't know what they're talking about since you're such an expert on the matter. If you need the number, let me know.

You're not fooling anyone. I see you still have that fascination with the dancing bananas, just like your previous usernames which were banned. Moron.

cfpinz":3hab1oku said:
midTN_Brangusman":3hab1oku said:

For the record, I really don't give a rat's @ss if you big lick it or not. Never shown a horse and never will.

FYI some "trainers" do cut the legs of their horses, my wife's is one of them. Maybe you could call Blue Ridge Equine and tell their vets that they don't know what they're talking about since you're such an expert on the matter. If you need the number, let me know.

You're not fooling anyone. I see you still have that fascination with the dancing bananas, just like your previous usernames which were banned. Moron.

There isn't a trainer out there that cuts his horses legs. What would be the purpose of cutting their legs, trying to make them go lame? Please enlighten me! These horses go through a very rigorous inspection each time they are shown in competition. There is no way a horse can pass these inspections with cuts, much less be able to perform without being lame.

Moron? No offense but every time you post about this topic your really showing your ignorance on the subject.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

cfpinz":byz3oyvr said:
midTN_Brangusman":byz3oyvr said:

Becareful cfpinz he will pull out the big guns and tell you he has a masters degree in rockets on his wall . HIS "shortcomings" are very apparent with his braggadocios attitude

M-5":37ykn5nl said:
cfpinz":37ykn5nl said:
midTN_Brangusman":37ykn5nl said:

Becareful cfpinz he will pull out the big guns and tell you he has a masters degree in rockets on his wall . HIS "shortcomings" are very apparent with his braggadocios attitude

Bachelors too, Doctorate is in progress but I will be sure to let you know when its hung ;-)

midTN_Brangusman":20fjznds said:
M-5":20fjznds said:
cfpinz":20fjznds said:

Bachelors too, Doctorate is in progress but I will be sure to let you know when its hung ;-)

Yes im sure you will , At least your wall is "hung" .

M-5":3inea5jn said:
midTN_Brangusman":3inea5jn said:
M-5":3inea5jn said:

Yes im sure you will , At least your wall is "hung" .

Hung like a roofer! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.