Shopping for a felt hat

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":2jhiwmof said:
I bought a new Serateli today.

My kids and wife bought me one of their hats a few years ago. I pitched a fit when I looked on line and found out what they spent on it, and it's spent most of it's life in it's box. My sister's grand daughter's wedding, that my twin did the ceremony for. (Ordained minister)

My everyday topper. Wife hates it, but the hat don't seem to care what she thinks.

Bigfoot":rtszsukp said:

Nice hat Bigfoot will have to post mine when it comes in looks like by the end of the day today. Had to order it from Sheplers online as very few people carry my size at the stores and the price was too good to pass up.

greybeard":1aitkxw2 said:
Bigfoot":1aitkxw2 said:

My kids and wife bought me one of their hats a few years ago. I pitched a fit when I looked on line and found out what they spent on it, and it's spent most of it's life in it's box. My sister's grand daughter's wedding, that my twin did the ceremony for. (Ordained minister)

My everyday topper. Wife hates it, but the hat don't seem to care what she thinks.

Having both a good hat and everyday hat is a good idea. Nice hats!

The amount of beaver in a hat, can vary widely by brand. Evidently a 20 X hat from some manufacturers is similar to a 6 X at others. If a person doesn't wear a hat very much,it likely would make no difference. I wear a hat 24, 7, 365. If I leave the house, my head is covered. I'll buy a cheap straw hat,and go through 2 or 3 in a summer. I try to buy a decent quality felt hat, and only buy one every 2 or 3 years. For an "out the box" hat, I don't think you can beat the quality of a Serratelli.

Bigfoot":2w05ldsn said:
The amount of beaver in a hat, can vary widely by brand. Evidently a 20 X hat from some manufacturers is similar to a 6 X at others. If a person doesn't wear a hat very much,it likely would make no difference. I wear a hat 24, 7, 365. If I leave the house, my head is covered. I'll buy a cheap straw hat,and go through 2 or 3 in a summer. I try to buy a decent quality felt hat, and only buy one every 2 or 3 years. For an "out the box" hat, I don't think you can beat the quality of a Serratelli.

Bigfoot is yours a 20x?

NECowboy":2kbeecmo said:
Bigfoot":2kbeecmo said:

Bigfoot is yours a 20x?

That hat is an 8.

Bigfoot":28ugj2qa said:
NECowboy":28ugj2qa said:
Bigfoot":28ugj2qa said:

Bigfoot is yours a 20x?

That hat is an 8.

I'm getting Stetson Skyline 6x. Good mix of high quality and also not costing 400 dollars like for the 20x. Same for yours!

NECowboy":brxyhfoh said:
Bigfoot":brxyhfoh said:
NECowboy":brxyhfoh said:
Bigfoot is yours a 20x?

That hat is an 8.
costing 400 dollars like for the 20x.
and that's why I fussed at my family for spending so much on mine. it's a 20x silverbelly LO.
If I had horses, roped and went to and participated in rodeo type events like Bigfoot and his family does, I might feel different, but I'm not a cowboy--I'm just a guy that has cows.

southernultrablack":1opeto68 said:
Man y'all done got something started! Read through this thread and the wheels started turning, now I have my first Stetson.

Nice is that silverbelly color, looks nice!! Love wearing cowboy hats a felt one will be nice and warm for ya. I assume ur in the south somewhere by your name you'll want a straw one in the summer.

NECowboy":184as4v9 said:
southernultrablack":184as4v9 said:
Man y'all done got something started! Read through this thread and the wheels started turning, now I have my first Stetson.

Nice is that silverbelly color, looks nice!! Love wearing cowboy hats a felt one will be nice and warm for ya. I assume ur in the south somewhere by your name you'll want a straw one in the summer.
It's actually called ranch tan. It's a Marshall 4x.

southernultrablack":2eee396n said:
NECowboy":2eee396n said:
southernultrablack":2eee396n said:

It's actually called ranch tan. It's a Marshall 4x.

You'll enjoy it man!

Latest posts