Another no death penalty state.........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
..........the first in the south. We moved a little further to the left.....Probably the ones with life sentences will get a shorter time to parole also.

The Virginia House and Senate have both approved landmark legislation to abolish the death penalty in the commonwealth and Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam says he plans to sign the bill into law once it reaches his desk.

Last edited:
There's already a conservative Republican BUSINESSMAN putting out ads that he is running for the Rep nominee for Govenor.... THANK GOD this one can't serve a 2nd term.....

I used to really like this state but it gets worse all the time. Really hoping the people here wake up this time and it is not to late.

Passed the legalization of marijuana I just read.... but DEFEATED a bill to require background checks of gun rental places.... didn't know there were any gun rentals around????? Have to look that up.
The gun packing republican at the state house is a little "wild" for my taste on some things... but she is definitely pro 2nd amendment.

Sometimes I think that splitting off the DC area would be a good thing.... We would have 2 more democrats from there for Senate... but the electoral college would work to reflect the state better....
I have a question for anyone out there..... Just for conversations sake... if DC were to become a state.... and it got 2 senators.... and however many representatives.? based on population... how would that work for elections????? So many are democrat that are there... but all the ones in the gov't offices have to vote in their home states right???? So as a state, they would not qualify for as many electoral college numbers right? I mean, alot of them maintain an apt outside of DC but they can't vote there correct? So would that help us here in the state to get them off our "numbers" if the area around DC was a finite delineation???? So the numbers of the republican votes would swing Va for the repubs more likely.... how many electoral votes would we lose and how many would they pick up????? Might be beneficial to get them off our "rolls".... sure might help with the state budgets to get that high priced inflated area out of our budgets and off our backs and aggravations....

Latest posts