Teacher fired

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Teacher was immediately fired after throwing a book at a student and grabbing a kid by the face in my county today this was Very final straw she had done similar things and 1 involved my son in which my wife went to the school board superintendent and state board of education. The school suspended a student for recording her actions with his phone we have a teacher shortage but the county is wrong for trying to keep someone who is not able to manage kids. I am pretty sure there will be a suit filed and hush money paid.. another case of tax papers getting screwed because they wanted to bandaid a broken leg. Spend some money get more teachers instead of paying suits.

I haven't heard the teachers side but I'd say the little $hit prob deserved it... the stories my wife tells of todays school kids leaves me a little biased though.

Kid probably deserved it. Teacher still shouldn't have done it. More money for "better teachers" won't fix the problem. It's the majority of society as a whole. Few morals. Little respect. And an attitude of entitlement.

Just like anything dealing with people you can't hand pick who is in your class and not every child is going to be an angel. If you can't handle the job don't sign up for it. I in no way shape or form advocate bad behavior but being an adult professional you should act as such.

All my male teachers through junior high had paddles and knew how to use them. The female teachers would send you to the principles office for your licks. A spanking or two never hurt anyone.

Might be time to bring back the strap

Further, when I got it as a kid I used to hope the folks did not find out - because rather than run to the school and whine about how their "nice kid" was abused - parents in those days would give the kid a licking at home to re-enforce better behavior.

Raise your kids as you were raised or they will not turn out like you.

Kids are treated like marshmallows today - they need a little toughening up.

Part of the problem in the kids not having any respect is that the teachers also tell the kids that if their parents hit them, ie. what I call discipline, they should tell the teacher and then the parents are reported to social services. I know this for a fact, it happened to my sister years ago. She told her son that if he thought she was being too mean, that he could just go to the foster home, he would not be able to come back home to his house, he would not be allowed to live with his parents anymore. All for a good spanking for disobeying. She also told the social services person that if she hadn't grabbed him and spanked him for not listening, and disobeying her, he would have been hit by a car and then she would have been investigated for child neglect. So they couldn't have it both ways. It got nasty, and a lawyer got involved.... the school backed down when a witness to the incident came forward in my sisters behalf.

I DO NOT CONDONE BAD BEHAVIOR in kids. And I do think that a good crack on the backside is NOT ABUSE. But it has to start at home, and teachers should not have to be constantly disrupted by unmanageable kids. Again, I also agree that teachers are ADULTS and throwing a book at them, or grabbing them by the face,hair, and such is not acceptable.

Agree with Logar, I did not want my parents to hear if I was getting in trouble in school, or I would get it double at home. And my parents told me it was not only my RESPONSIBILITY to go to school, but it was also a PRIVILEDGE to be in that school, because they did not have to let me go there; and disrupting the class would mean that I might not be able to go and would not get an education and would be a dummy. That school was to help me be a better person, and get a better job and HAVE A BETTER LIFE. I had a choice......

Logar":2fbkmqio said:
Might be time to bring back the strap

Further, when I got it as a kid I used to hope the folks did not find out - because rather than run to the school and whine about how their "nice kid" was abused - parents in those days would give the kid a licking at home to re-enforce better behavior.

Kids are treated like marshmallows today - they need a little toughening up.

Whup their d#@! A#%!

Logar":2z3qcnvq said:

That's not a true statement there's excellent parents that have whooped and did everything the same way they were raised or more and kids still do not do like the good parents they had.

skyhightree1":1rnidm2n said:
Logar":1rnidm2n said:

That's not a true statement there's excellent parents that have whooped and did everything the same way they were raised or more and kids still do not do like the good parents they had.
Yep. I know some of those. I also know a few that were absolute little heathens when teenagers, stayed in trouble and their parents never lifted a finger but somehow, the kids got their act together and developed some "social redeeming value" and made good lives for themselves and their own wives and kids.
But, too often today (and it didn't just start with this generation) kids haven't been raised to know and live with "right vs wrong'.

I'll bet that teacher treats her hubby the same way she treated the student. Children should also be taught to respect their elders, and if they doubt the elders judgement in a certain matter then tell a parent asap. Lots of bi polar peeps walkin around these days, who can't deal with life in general. Teacher will probably get sent home with pay and that class will get another teacher to drive nuts, maybe a hippy that does yoga

Turkeybird":3r09cwrl said:
I'll bet that teacher treats her hubby the same way she treated the student. Children should also be taught to respect their elders, and if they doubt the elders judgement in a certain matter then tell a parent asap. Lots of bi polar peeps walkin around these days, who can't deal with life in general. Teacher will probably get sent home with pay and that class will get another teacher to drive nuts, maybe a hippy that does yoga
Not that there's anything wrong with yoga pants (on the right person).

Lots of people in society think that the school should be the ones raising the kids.
Parents think just b/c a write-up goes into an elementary kids file that it follows them throughout life so they fight that to the end. Oh, and it is hardly ever the kids fault.

Teachers should be professionals and role models for the kids. Everybody needs to be a teacher for a week and they will appreciate them more. I worked with judge committed juvenile delinquent youth for almost 30 years in a state facility. Some of the kids you wonder just how they could get so bad. After spending time with their parents, if any were in their life, during visitation and treatment meetings it was easy to see how their kids turned out like that. Plenty of job security and the cycle will repeat.

jltrent":3bbxxsem said:
After spending time with their parents, if any were in their life, during visitation and treatment meetings it was easy to see how their kids turned out like that.

That's what my dad always said, and I agree. Look at the parents, and it usually clears up the puzzle about the kid's behavior. That doesn't always mean the parents are totally horrible people, but some of the weird ideas they have, what their idea of raising a child is, and how one can imagine they act around their kids at home.

Calif teacher forcibly cuts a student's hair while belting out the National Anthem. Students said it was way out of character for her to act this way.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/teacher ... r-59664116
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ ... story.html
fake news?

A high school teacher in California cut the hair of one of her students in her classroom as she belted the national anthem.

University Preparatory High School teacher Margaret Gieszinger was arrested Wednesday after disturbing video of the incident surfaced on social media.

A student can be seen in the video sitting in a chair at the front of the classroom in the Visalia school as Gieszinger cuts his hair and yells out the anthem. Students can later be seen running out of the room in a panic while she is still holding the scissors.

The behavior was out of character for her, according to one student.

"When everything was going on I was terrified, and I so badly wanted to blame her. I was scared she was going to come back," Lilli Gates told the Visalia Times Delta newspaper. "What she did to my classmates and I is inexcusable. I am not trying to make excuses for her, I simply ask everyone to reconsider how they view her. She is a loving and kind lady. She is usually all smiles and laughs. This is not the Miss G. we know and love."

Parent Sara Rocha told the newspaper that Gieszinger also acted strangely on Monday when she blamed students for a missing a test

Latest posts