Swollen vagina from breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't want to say anything until I saw a picture. I've seen swollen vaginal lips and that's almost always a urinary tract infection but this one looks different. I can't see the picture up close but the blood on her side and tail worries me more than her vagina does. That looks like a "dirty" cow to me... one that never cleaned out.

cow pollinater":3c8jfq6y said:
I didn't want to say anything until I saw a picture. I've seen swollen vaginal lips and that's almost always a urinary tract infection but this one looks different. I can't see the picture up close but the blood on her side and tail worries me more than her vagina does. That looks like a "dirty" cow to me... one that never cleaned out.
Did she have a calf hook??

When's the next sale day? I wouldn't waste any time getting her out of there.

Hook":pyvrgik0 said:
Whatever it was is back to normal now. Maybe it just how she swells when cycling. The bull definately got her too.
If her vulva was ripped during calving, healed funny, then swelled during her cycle......I could see it looking different.

That was my choice to put the bull in now. We bought them as bred cows and instead of being 1st trimester they were 3rd. They were out of whack and I like late spring calving/ early summer for this property because it times with the grass flush. It comes on late there.

Latest posts