swamp people

Help Support CattleToday:

Always hate to hear of anyone dying that young.

Those kind of 'reality' shows tho, They're hard to watch. I rarely watched any of them until a week or so ago and had to wonder who would believe the shenanigans they depict. The one that has the goofball Joe Ray living in a cave in Arkansas, (recent show had him rigging up a car alternator on a stream that according the the show, ran 5 car headlights in his cave, which would never happen in real life rigged as it was)

Alaskan Bush people..like The Browns...what a weird bunch of people...the matriarch has cancer or is in remission if I understand things and the whole show left out a lot of information.like them spending a lot of time in nice motels instead of 'in the bush'. That whole clan is just strange and I can't figure out exactly what kind of accent that is the 'boys' speak with.

greybeard":19iny6r8 said:
Always hate to hear of anyone dying that young.

Those kind of 'reality' shows tho, They're hard to watch. I rarely watched any of them until a week or so ago and had to wonder who would believe the shenanigans they depict. The one that has the goofball Joe Ray living in a cave in Arkansas, (recent show had him rigging up a car alternator on a stream that according the the show, ran 5 car headlights in his cave, which would never happen in real life rigged as it was)

Alaskan Bush people..like The Browns...what a weird bunch of people...the matriarch has cancer or is in remission if I understand things and the whole show left out a lot of information.like them spending a lot of time in nice motels instead of 'in the bush'. That whole clan is just strange and I can't figure out exactly what kind of accent that is the 'boys' speak with.
seems a lot of those shows start out pretty good but then they get weirder and weirder every season

Those Alaska Bush people the Browns. They are supposed to be living outside of Hoonah. I know people who live in Hoonah. They say that the Browns live in a Hotel in town and just go out to their cabin for filming. For all their bear issues they have a couple armed locals hired to protect them. I lived and worked in that part of the world for 6 years. From day one I knew it was fake. I can't stand to watch that show.
On Gold Rush the year the Hoffmans were mining in Oregon was less than 10 miles from here as the crow flies. They didn't find enough gold so they pulled out for Colorado. That is what they said on the show. From the looks of the site they just hooked up their trailers and drove away leaving a mess behind. Notice on the first show they were staying in 20 foot bumper pull trailers. Last year they are in big class A motor homes. Yet they never find enough to make ends meet....

Dave":3ikymeiz said:
Those Alaska Bush people the Browns. They are supposed to be living outside of Hoonah. I know people who live in Hoonah. They say that the Browns live in a Hotel in town and just go out to their cabin for filming. For all their bear issues they have a couple armed locals hired to protect them. I lived and worked in that part of the world for 6 years. From day one I knew it was fake. I can't stand to watch that show.
The Matriarch had to go to Calif for cancer treatment, so they couldn't go back to Alaska this year or presumably ever again.
From what I've read on the internet today, they were supposedly going to start a new place called North Star Ranch, but that particular episode/show didn't mention that it was going to be in Colorado. THEN, for reasons undisclosed, they decided to drop that plan and this new season is going to be located in Washington, tho the name of the show will still be Alaskan Bush People..

Oh, and they gonna get in da cattle bidness....So, maybe they'll give up on the Washington place and just buy the place next to Dave....

greybeard":2x2cukxw said:

We have people running around in hats and boots that have never touched or owned a cow.

A gal asked me to dance 35 years ago. We get out on the floor and she starts telling me her instructor told her that we needed to do this and that. I suggested she go ask that city slicker to dance. I grew up doing this, he didn't.

skyhightree1":3stej2wn said:
http://www.nbc12.com/2018/09/16/swamp-people-randy-edwards-dies-car-crash-sources-say/

I like Swamp People. I know some of it is over dramatized but a good portion of it is legit. Take for instance the lifestyle. And the simplicity of the characters. Hard not to like Troy. Junior and his family come across as good old fashioned, hard working, simple people. Never met any of them. I may be wrong. But I bet they'd all be dang good friends to have. Sorry for Randy and his family. Very sad news.

Troy is a good old boy. He has relatives near me and comes thru town often. The show is just a put on production. A real gator hunter would never bounce the gator around on the line before putting it away. As soon as you see the head coming up, you "choot" him and haul him in the boat One would never take a chance of losing the hide.
Kinda reminds me of the Pro Bass fisherman John Fox from the seventies TV show. He always said, "Don't play the fish. Get him in the boat and we'll all play with him".

I want to take a trip to New Orleans and my son says he isn't going unless we can venture further and meet the Swamp People. When speaking with my boss, he said his brother is really close friends with them and could "hook us up" but I don't believe in it much.

My sons uncle is a Hollywood producer (daddy's home, sex drive, hot tub time machine, etc...) and he wouldn't give his nephew the time of day.