Suggestions on what bull to use on this flush?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jacob

Reaction score
We are beginning the set up on our new donor Sinclair Queen Mother 6R109 Reg# 15366604 and will flush her the first of next month. I would like some ideas on who you might breed her to based on her genetic package. shs is a pretty massive cow and I would like to clean her front end up a bit. I will try to get a few pictures of her to post. All ideas are welcome

I was going to look it up on the Angus site. It wont let me. Something about captcha code. Guess I'm not in the club, I cant see the pedigrees. Thats transparent.(reminds me of our govt) I wanted to see if the old 0035 bull was in her pedigree. When I look at Angus catalogs, the ones that catch my eye seem to be offspring of that bull, or the 878(?). I don't know these new blood lines or who has what genetic difficulty's to consider, just seems that 0035 bull keeps hanging around. I don't keep up with Angus much so maybe not, just was my first thought. I considered buying a Angus donor last year, and that was the bull that I would have used. Didn't work out though. Those two and maybe the 4200 bull,Net Worth I think?Also wondering about the Wye stuff. What ever you choose I wish you luck. My last flush for a while is coming up tuesday. Fingers crossed as I used an old, proven but expensive bull. Best wishes

We flushed one back in Nov similar to her, we used Discovery(17262835) we wanted to bring some numbers up.
If you wanted to stay Sinclair I'd look at Boss(16650219) he had the best sire group of heifers, to me at there dispersal, may take a little size off her.
Might look at MAR Double XL(17612134)we flushed with him, kinda newer bull, taking a shot, I like his pedigree and the way he looks, first calves I know of around here are hitting the ground, the guy says there nice calves, but there just that calves time will tell, we took that chance.

Tennessee Tuxedo-That worked for me-thanks! Computers are great vehicles, mine just has a slow driver :lol2:

After seeing that pedigree, two other old bulls came to mind. The first one was Rito 6i6. How is he related to those Rito lines? The other one was called In Focus, but I don't remember the prefix. I think he added calving ease and retained positive growth.

SAV Registry, SAV Renown, or Cedar Ridge. Put a little style on her without adding any frame and without taking away mass.

Thanks everyone!!!

Sowman, Have you seen progeny out of Sinclair Express 6V47? Also Faraway same question have you seen progeny from Cole Creek Black Bore? If so tell me what you like and dislike about the bulls? Have you seen any wet daughters as I want to improve milk in this cow. we have 2 yearling daughters out of XXP that I am excited to see as cows.

Jake,

We were looking at Renown and his full brother Resource but was concerned it might be to much 707? Your thoughts on being to much?

Jacob":336s9759 said:
Thanks everyone!!!

Sowman, Have you seen progeny out of Sinclair Express 6V47? Also Faraway same question have you seen progeny from Cole Creek Black Bore? If so tell me what you like and dislike about the bulls? Have you seen any wet daughters as I want to improve milk in this cow. we have 2 yearling daughters out of XXP that I am excited to see as cows.

Jake,

We were looking at Renown and his full brother Resource but was concerned it might be to much 707? Your thoughts on being to much?

I wouldn't worry about it being too much 707. Resource will be a little courser made and will reduce frame a little. Renown will carry a little more frame and be more stylish.

Last year my best calves were XXP, he will tend to pinch em off a bit behind front shoulders, but from the picture I think she would be ok with him, didn't know you may want to load up on anything. This year my best are 9969's out of a Rito Legacy x Lady cow so if you want to load up on 707, him or the others mentioned could make a good mating.

I'll give you a good older bull to consider, 13 yrs old and seems to be still going strong...

Connealy Reflection 14528330 his dam is an EXT daughter same as your cow's dam and he's highly proven.
http://www.accelgen.com/catalog/semen-b ... eflection/

ce 11 and 28 milk would make 'em wetter with a big boost in $B 142 plus he's a top Pathfinder sire on % basis to boot.
20 of his 202 eligible daughters (9.9%) have been awarded Pathfinder status

I would fault your cow as being too straight in the rear leg.
Reflection would not help her there, but he wouldn't make it any worse but would help keep mature weight under control.
I think Reflection is a really good bull that often gets lost in the shuffle, maybe because there are so many Connealy bulls.
But at the time of his sale it was a new record high for a Connealy bull (The record has been broken many times since)
Check him out.

Jacob, saw 6v47 progeny at Sinclair 2015 sale. Some of my favorites but over my budget. You may be able to view video of the 2015 sale bulls also at Pelton livestock the sale manager. The bull himself can be viewed at spring valley ranch website. Very athletic and masculine.

Jacob, were you able to find the videos I mentioned ? Curious about your cows production history, weight and frame score. How does she handle your heat and humidity.

The cow didn't come in heat for one reason or another. I believe we were trying to push her a little after we got her here but we decided to flush to our herd bull Coleman Ext 6149 for the first time and try to breed her back to renown. I know what kind of daughters the 6149 produce and that is what a am going after although he don't have the EPD's as some of the other bulls listed he makes great cattle. The cows are adjusting well however they still have a ton of hair for this part of the country. I am sure it will shed off this spring and they will be fine.

Good idea use a bull you know works for you in your environment especially when you are hoping to get multiple progeny. Use the "test" bull on the AI service.. As far as hair, our steers, out of a bull that has been here since 2009, have a ton of hair this winter. Full siblings last year had half as much hair. I was afraid we were gonna have a really cold winter when I saw all this hair growth this fall. So far so good but not out of the woods yet. How much hair growth do you have on the rest of cows?

Latest posts