Suggestions for new tires..

Help Support CattleToday:

I considered tirerack.com when I order my tires but at $86.00 for shipping I can order the same tire from Wally World and get them shipped to the local store for $30.00 less,no charge for shipping and mounted for free.

I checked wm, but the tires that they had weren't quite as good imo. Now, it depends on what tire you want. They both have some of the same tires, I got a highway all season. Depends on the tire you are looking for. I did use wm for the lifetime rotate and balance...

cfpinz":2si7jhj1 said:
I've had fewer leaks from the BFGs than any other tire, rode around with nails stuck in them on more than one occasion. Never went flat til I pulled the nail out. cfpinz

If it weren't leakin', why'd you go and pull the nail out? Sort of like pulling off a crusty old scab - just leave it alone! Did Crowder tell you to do that?

Bullbuyer":3tpur45w said:
cfpinz":3tpur45w said:
I've had fewer leaks from the BFGs than any other tire, rode around with nails stuck in them on more than one occasion. Never went flat til I pulled the nail out. cfpinz

If it weren't leakin', why'd you go and pull the nail out? Sort of like pulling off a crusty old scab - just leave it alone! Did Crowder tell you to do that?

Sho' nuff did. He also told me the best place to pick up women was the family reunion. That didn't work out so well either... :?

I run the 80,000 mile Continental LT/SUV 16's on my 02 F-150 SuperCrew run them all over the farm, wife drives the truck to school she teaches at 35-40 miles away everyday, and twice a year to Indiana and back from Houston area. Great tires and only about 90 bucks apiece at WalMart. The first set I ran all 80,000 miles, were just about worn out but decided to run them to Indiana and back during the summer and change them out when I got back. One got a split in the belt about the time I got to Texarkana. Put the spare on and finished the trip. Replaced them with the same thing when I got back.

Now they ain't got the best tread for the farm, but with a 2wd truck, I run them on the front (especially on a SuperCrew where most of the weight is on the front) and run mudgrips on the back. I've had pretty good luck with the Maxxis Mudders, what I had on there before. One of them split a belt on me though but I ran on it for 2000 miles like that. I got those as closeouts from the tire dealer in Shiner and when I went hunting replacements I ended up trying out some cheap Chinese mudgrips from the co-op. They were ok but split a belt a with quite a bit of tread left. Both wore pretty well but the Chinese belts didn't hold up well enough to use all the rubber up. The Maxxis Mudders were getting pretty slick when the belt gave out. I replaced them with some Goodrich A/T's from Walmart I got on closeout cheap. So far so good, and a little more aggressive than the Continentals (VERY little) but only 30-40,000 mile tires too, so we'll see....

Good luck! OL JR :)

Latest posts