Rotary cutter suggestions

Help Support CattleToday:

Did the same person set both of them up?

A friend of mine had a similar complaint about a 15' JD model, and when I ran it past my cousin he said those bush hogs need a front to rear rake when set up. Cousin has an HX10 I believe, and it cuts nicely.

That's correct, and drawbar heights between tractors vary quite a bit so it'll need to be adjusted for each one, assuming it's a pull type.

The HX15 has had a new CV joint a few years ago, and a wing drive shaft started seizing up a couple years ago, which ruined the input bearings on the wing gearbox. Had to have a driveline shop cut the old shaft and weld in a new one to the old yokes, they had been greased but the nylon lining in the shaft had started to separate and jam. The HX20 has been very trouble free, it has probably the most hours on it.

The airplane tires are the most aggravating part on the JDs. Run them flat even a little bit and they will never hold a tube again. I've been foam filling them as soon as they start leaking.

Last edited:
Just got a John Deere RC6R that I pull with an 89 hp…have mowed about 60 acres with it so far. No complaints thus far.