Hauling 10ft wide cutter?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I think I have a good used cutter located and the dealer is willing to take my 10 foot in trade. About a 100 miles away and doesn't seem too interested in delivering. How much trouble could I possibly get into hauling it on my gooseneck? Best route would have some interstate roads.

My 10' rhino is made so you can remove 2 pins, disconnect the PTO, and the tongue will fold straight up. Might be possible to load sideways and get it narrower. But I'm used to hauling 5'x6' bales 2 wide on a trailer, so I wouldn't think anything of hauling a 10' mower. Be nice to be able to see around it on the trailer

Each state you travel you may want to get a permit. Going 100 miles I would check with the authorities.

I may catch flak for it but my answer is go get it. Flag the corners and haul it in the daylight. Saturday if you can. I pulled one from NC to VA that way 150 mi. A lot of them are made where the tongue and axle folds up easy so setting it on side is pretty easy and safer.

If its not easy to take off the tailwheels and hitch to load it sideways, then it wouldn't bother me to haul 10' wide.

But if it's easy to get to legal 8.5' width it makes the drive much easier as there is no worry about hitting things or people hitting it. Just set the cruise and go.

I think I have a good used cutter located and the dealer is willing to take my 10 foot in trade. About a 100 miles away and doesn't seem too interested in delivering. How much trouble could I possibly get into hauling it on my gooseneck? Best route would have some interstate roads.
Will you be crossing any state lines? If you would, it is even more complicated.

First question they will ask here is "is it at all possible to get the load legal width". That means if loading it sideways and folding the tongue and tail wheels is possible they won't issue a permit.
It would take major disassembly to get it narrow.

Latest posts