Strangest Cow You ever seen?

Help Support CattleToday:

Taurus

Reaction score
While driving around out in the farmlands, I spotted an odd-looking cow with the longhorns. It appeared that it might be a bison x yak hybrid or yak x domesticated cow hybrid....looks like a humped back angus cow with horse tail. Oh there was five cows that resemble tiger stripes but they weren't Brahman. Of course they were hereford cross but what was crossed with the herefords to produced brindled whitefaced?

Taurus,
Brindling can come from a number of sources - I've seen Brown Swiss and Jersey crossed with beef breeds throw brindle offspring.
Used to have a few old brindle cows in my grandparents' herd - mostly Hereford, but there was some Jersey or Guernsey back behind some of 'em.

Guy not too far from me has Watusi. Pictures don't do them justice. Oddly strange yet interesting.

This was going to be my black hereford fondation cow, but for some reason she was denied.
horse+head+on+cow.jpg

I had a customer that yelled at his employees for getting rid of freemartins because he was trying to grow. He told them that everything that didn't have a pair of nuts was there to stay until HE decided they had to go... They let that six legged heifer(I shyt you not, she had a solid front leg coming out of one shoulder and a dwarf thing with a hoof on it out the other) get up to about six hundred before the dairyman finally noticed her. :lol:

Lucky_P":9a3utsbz said:
Taurus,
Brindling can come from a number of sources - I've seen Brown Swiss and Jersey crossed with beef breeds throw brindle offspring.
Used to have a few old brindle cows in my grandparents' herd - mostly Hereford, but there was some Jersey or Guernsey back behind some of 'em.
Milking shorthorns will put out brindles for a few generations when you cross them with dairy cattle. It's the illiwari blood hiding in there.

Speaking of cows with missing ears and tails, when I was picking up the red angus and shorthorn cows at a customer's ranch I saw one red angus cow with no tail and no ears, plus she is missing one of the eyes.

cow pollinater":1dsay1xl said:
Lucky_P":1dsay1xl said:
Taurus,
Milking shorthorns will put out brindles for a few generations when you cross them with dairy cattle. It's the illiwari blood hiding in there.

milking shorthorns do not have illawarra blood in them, since illawarras were developed from shorthorns among other breeds it is actually the other way round.

I bet that would make a good cow pony..................uh wait............that IS a cow pony! You could really sneak into a cow herd and round them up on that girl :cowboy: :lol:

Taurus":1smxdenw said:
Speaking of cows with missing ears and tails, when I was picking up the red angus and shorthorn cows at a customer's ranch I saw one red angus cow with no tail and no ears, plus she is missing one of the eyes.

Use to know an old boy like that. You couldn't tell him anything. Had to beat it into him. :cowboy:

I have heard of too much navel, too much ear, and too much sheath but have never heard of too much "head"

Latest posts