Stolen tailgate

Help Support CattleToday:

It's a heII of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have.

Unforgiven

Margonme":2bficq7m said:
True Grit Farms":2bficq7m said:
Margonme":2bficq7m said:
Would you shoot someone for stealing a tailgate? Assuming you would be given a pardon.

YES, wouldn't you?

No. I don't believe you would either.

It's very apparent that you don't know me. I have plenty to say on the stealing and home invasion rights, but somethings are better left alone. To all you thieves out there Inyati won't hold you responsible for stealing his stuff, and from some of his pictures he has a lot of nice things for you to steal.
It's very apparent that some folks aren't willing to fight for their rights.

Margonme":154xp8ff said:
It's a heII of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have.

Unforgiven

He's not a man he's a thief, just because something talks and walks doesn't make him a man. Some humans are worse than varmints and have proven it time and time again. And don't make this GENDER specific, because it's not. IMO

True Grit Farms":2uam2tvz said:
Margonme":2uam2tvz said:
True Grit Farms":2uam2tvz said:
YES, wouldn't you?

It's very apparent that you don't know me. I have plenty to say on the stealing and home invasion rights, but somethings are better left alone. To all you thieves out there Inyati won't hold you responsible for stealing his stuff, and from some of his pictures he has a lot of nice things for you to steal.

I didn't say they should not be held accountable.

I didn't say I do not covet my right to life, liberty, property, and pursuit of happiness.

You are stretching the scope of my comment.

I said I would not shoot someone in cold blood who was taking the tailgate from my 2004 Ford pickup.

You may not know me either. There are offenders that I could shoot and sit down on them and drink a beer but it has to reach critical mass to get there.

Margonme":29xp9uo8 said:
True Grit Farms":29xp9uo8 said:
Margonme":29xp9uo8 said:

I didn't say I do not covet my right to life, liberty, property, and pursuit of happiness.

I said I would not shoot someone in cold blood who was taking the tailgate from my 2004 Ford pickup.

You may not know me either. There are offenders that I could shoot and sit down on them and drink a beer but it has to reach critical mass to get there.

How about if it was a 2017 model Ford? Or stealing Margo or your dog? After all everyone knows that an animals life isn't as important as a human life.

True Grit Farms":m5t5t1nt said:
Margonme":m5t5t1nt said:
True Grit Farms":m5t5t1nt said:

How about if it was a 2017 model Ford? Or stealing Margo or your dog? After all everyone knows that an animals life isn't as important as a human life.

I would not shoot someone over material. Invasion of my domicile - yes sir. Hurt my animals and I cannot say because that makes me irrational!!!

Gotcha I guess I feel like my property is mine weather it's in my domicile or not. Maybe the reason I feel the way I do is because I risk life and limb to get what I have, and plan on doing that to keep it if need be. Maybe if I'd of pushed paper or sat in an office I'd see things differently. IDK

True Grit Farms":1jpq0tpy said:
Gotcha I guess I feel like my property is mine weather it's in my domicile or not. Maybe the reason I feel the way I do is because I risk life and limb to get what I have, and plan on doing that to keep it if need be. Maybe if I'd of pushed paper or sat in an office I'd see things differently. IDK

Gotcha, too. I appreciate your feelings. I need some of my possessions in order to fulfill my obligations - caring for my property and animals.

Most of my possessions are a PITA.

As an atheist, I put the same value on an animal as a man because they are both living creatures equal in the context of creations of the forces of the Universe. That bothers some people but I cannot help that. My dog is with me 24/7. Our lives are in synchronization. She knows my moods, I know hers. Just because she is not as intelligent as the average person, I don't place her below them.

Edit to add:
Under the law, animals are not afforded equal status with humans. Humans deserve considerations that animals do not enjoy. Cattle are produced in our society for food. These things don't bother me. I sell my cattle for food. My statement above is better explained by saying, " I don't make a difference between animals and humans based on the premise that man has a soul. If I were faced with saving my son or my cows, my son wins or any other human, although that might stretch my limits. :)

I'm gonna agree with inyati on this one. I had a guy break in my garage and I caught him in the act. I ran him off, law caught him, etc. he was a 25 year old kid that never had a chance in life. If I would have killed him over $250 worth of tools I would have ruined the rest of my life. I go to court next week, and if asked,ill tell the judge I want him to get the maximum sentence allowed.

Everybody says the same thing, "you should have killed the no good yadda yadda,I sure would have".

I call bs. There is no way I would take a human life and have to live with it over a tailgate, or whatever materiel junk the guy could have stolen out of my garage. And I bet anybody that does, regardless of how tough they want to sound, would regret it the rest of their life. It just ain't the Christian thing to do. People sure do seem to want to act like they are tough or something.

You come in my house? Make me feel like my family or other people are in danger? Different story. In that situation a man would have no choice but to use all the deadly force he can muster.

SJB":2i98rprc said:
I'm gonna agree with inyati on this one. I had a guy break in my garage and I caught him in the act. I ran him off, law caught him, etc. he was a 25 year old kid that never had a chance in life. If I would have killed him over $250 worth of tools I would have ruined the rest of my life. I go to court next week, and if asked,ill tell the judge I want him to get the maximum sentence allowed.

Everybody says the same thing, "you should have killed the no good yadda yadda,I sure would have".

I call bs. There is no way I would take a human life and have to live with it over a tailgate, or whatever materiel junk the guy could have stolen out of my garage. And I bet anybody that does, regardless of how tough they want to sound, would regret it the rest of their life. It just ain't the Christian thing to do. People sure do seem to want to act like they are tough or something.

You come in my house? Make me feel like my family or other people are in danger? Different story. In that situation a man would have no choice but to use all the deadly force he can muster.

I agree with 99% of what you said .
Your only coming in my house two ways invitation or search warrant all other methods will be met with extreme prejudice or trying to steal my cows.

Margonme":11nz7cm4 said:
Just because she is not as intelligent as the average person, I don't place her below them.
Based on some of the poeple I've seen, she very well may be more intelligent than a lot of them.

True Grit Farms":s8hznp3x said:
Margonme":s8hznp3x said:
True Grit Farms":s8hznp3x said:
YES, wouldn't you?

Currently they will be arrested and bond out the same day. Then will go steal another tailgate to pay their lawyer to keep them out of jail.(insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results)
We could take a liberal approach and require auto manufacturing to make tailgates theft proof. And pass the expense on to the consumer who dont
steal tailgates.

In Texas I believe you could kill someone over stealing your tailgate and not need a pardon.
CASTLE DOCTRINE and I believe it's perfectly justifiable to do so. Legally and morally

In Texas I believe you could kill someone over stealing your tailgate and not need a pardon.
CASTLE DOCTRINE and I believe it's perfectly justifiable to do so. Legally and morally
In Texas, legally--yes, but I've read some states' doctrine that doesn't extend outside one's resident. Workplace and vehicle isn't included like it is here under the Lone Star.

"morally" I'll leave up to a higher power when that day arrives.
It isn't hard at all to kill someone--just point & pull. Sometimes, it's lots harder to find a reason/justification for not pulling the trigger. Been hundreds of thousands (millions?) killed basically for no other reason than they wore different color clothes than the other was wearing.
x2 on the hose clamp around the hinge pin pivot. I don't use it because my tailgate is beat up and I often have a need to remove my tailgate.
I'd come closer to shooting someone for trying to steal my spare tire than my tailgate, even tho the spare cost less to replace than a tailgate. I can get by without a tailgate if I had to--I don't go nowhere without a good spare.

greybeard":1tlz6vlk said:
In Texas, legally--yes, but I've read some states' doctrine that doesn't extend outside one's resident. Workplace and vehicle isn't included like it is here under the Lone Star.

"morally" I'll leave up to a higher power when that day arrives.
It isn't hard at all to kill someone--just point & pull. Sometimes, it's lots harder to find a reason/justification for not pulling the trigger. Been hundreds of thousands (millions?) killed basically for no other reason than they wore different color clothes than the other was wearing.
x2 on the hose clamp around the hinge pin pivot. I don't use it because my tailgate is beat up and I often have a need to remove my tailgate.
I'd come closer to shooting someone for trying to steal my spare tire than my tailgate, even tho the spare cost less to replace than a tailgate. I can get by without a tailgate if I had to--I don't go nowhere without a good spare.

GB, is there enough case history to speculate on how tolerant the courts are going to be in cases where armed citizens are imprudently employing lethal force for stealing outside a residence.

I am all for the second amendment but use of lethal force should require a threshold that is approached with a dose of restraint.

define "enough" and the law pretty well stipulates what is prudent, with grand jury investigations usually siding with the shooter.

One of the events that led to a revised Texas 'castle doctrine' was the Joe Horn issue, in which he killed 2 thieves that were leaving his neighbor's home with stolen goods. It went to grand jury and they declined to true bill. There have been multiple cases in which people defended themselves against car theft, carjacking, and theft or invasion of places of businesses in Texas--I have not heard of any being true billed.

The Joe Horn 911 call transcript:
Horn: "I've got a shotgun; do you want me to stop them?"
Pasadena emergency operator: "Nope. Don't do that. Ain't no property worth shooting somebody over, O.K.?"
Horn: "But hurry up, man. Catch these guys will you? Cause, I ain't going to let them go." (Horn then said he would get his shotgun.)
Operator: "No, no."
Horn: "I can't take a chance of getting killed over this, O.K.? I'm going to shoot."
(The operator tells him not to go out with a gun because officers would be arriving.)
Horn: "I understand that O.K. But I have a right to protect myself too, sir, and you understand that" ... and the laws have been changed in this country since September the First [2007], and you know it and I know it. I have a right to protect myself. A shotgun is a legal weapon, it's not an illegal weapon."
Operator: "You're going to get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun."
Horn: "You wanna make a bet?"
Horn: "Well here it goes, buddy. You hear the shotgun clicking and I'm going."
Horn, to burglars: "Move, you're dead."
(There were two quick gunshots, then a third.)
Horn, to dispatcher: "I had no choice. They came in the front yard with me, man."
The 911 call ended about 80 seconds after the shots were fired, when officers arrived on the scene.[1]
(IIRC, They crossed part of his front yard to get to their vehicle)

greybeard":1orbf4n3 said:
define "enough" and the law pretty well stipulates what is prudent, with grand jury investigations usually siding with the shooter.

One of the events that led to a revised Texas 'castle doctrine' was the Joe Horn issue, in which he killed 2 thieves that were leaving his neighbor's home with stolen goods. It went to grand jury and they declined to true bill. There have been multiple cases in which people defended themselves against car theft, carjacking, and theft or invasion of places of businesses in Texas--I have not heard of any being true billed.

The Joe Horn 911 call transcript:
Horn: "I've got a shotgun; do you want me to stop them?"
Pasadena emergency operator: "Nope. Don't do that. Ain't no property worth shooting somebody over, O.K.?"
Horn: "But hurry up, man. Catch these guys will you? Cause, I ain't going to let them go." (Horn then said he would get his shotgun.)
Operator: "No, no."
Horn: "I can't take a chance of getting killed over this, O.K.? I'm going to shoot."
(The operator tells him not to go out with a gun because officers would be arriving.)
Horn: "I understand that O.K. But I have a right to protect myself too, sir, and you understand that" ... and the laws have been changed in this country since September the First [2007], and you know it and I know it. I have a right to protect myself. A shotgun is a legal weapon, it's not an illegal weapon."
Operator: "You're going to get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun."
Horn: "You wanna make a bet?"
Horn: "Well here it goes, buddy. You hear the shotgun clicking and I'm going."
Horn, to burglars: "Move, you're dead."
(There were two quick gunshots, then a third.)
Horn, to dispatcher: "I had no choice. They came in the front yard with me, man."
The 911 call ended about 80 seconds after the shots were fired, when officers arrived on the scene.[1]
(IIRC, They crossed part of his front yard to get to their vehicle)

Thanks.

I have not been keeping track. I don't think many states allow lethal force for theif.

If I had the need for law enforcement today it would take them at least 3 hours to get here. On a normal day when they could cross the creek it would take them at least a 1 hour. If they don't get lost. I reckon I will take care of most stuff myself.

Latest posts