Bent tailgate

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez__":17jcge45 said:
Calhoun Farm":17jcge45 said:
Had to move cattle trailer and forgot tailgate was down, heard a loud pop and had that oh **** moment when I knew what it was. I'll post a picture in the morning but its pretty bad, had to slam it hard to get it to close. I'd like to use this as an excuse to get a flatbed, but don't think the wife will go for that. I considered putting one of those V style 5th wheel tail gates on it, found a couple on ebay for around 375.

I have that T-shirt

Bez

+2!!

I think everyone in the farming business has some sort of tailgate abuse story!!

Make that + 3. I have a flatbed now though. Can't wait to haul firewood.

shaz said:
Make that + 3. I have a flatbed now though. Can't wait to haul firewood.[/quote

when i had a flatbed and was hauling firewood i welded those brackets that a 2x4 will slide in on the flatbeed and framed up some sides i could take on and off easily. I had my sides 2 feet tall

skyhightree1":1n34xm5l said:
shaz":1n34xm5l said:

when i had a flatbed and was hauling firewood i welded those brackets that a 2x4 will slide in on the flatbeed and framed up some sides i could take on and off easily. I had my sides 2 feet tall

So you turned your flatbed into a pickup. Cool.

You did a good job on that thing Calhoun.

I put stake pockets on my flatdeck too.. haven't made the sides yet... going to go with expanded metal grate and a 1 1/2" square tube frame... I'm debating on the design of the tailgate... I'm thinking of making it fold down to get a bit more deck space

TennesseeTuxedo":39sxfqpk said:
skyhightree1":39sxfqpk said:
shaz":39sxfqpk said:

thanks tt

nesi thanks I sat there for a while and couldn't come up with the proper name for the stake pockets.

TennesseeTuxedo":1lhyawls said:
skyhightree1":1lhyawls said:
shaz":1lhyawls said:

I'll do the same thing to my truck and .......what do you wanna bet I bust the back out just like a tailgate? :D

Latest posts