Stolen tailgate

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":c0tqjjwj said:
If I had the need for law enforcement today it would take them at least 3 hours to get here. On a normal day when they could cross the creek it would take them at least a 1 hour. If they don't get lost. I reckon I will take care of most stuff myself.
I hear you!! My wait isn't that long, but the one time I had to call for a LEO, dispatch called me back 45 minutes later and asked me to drive out to the nearest blacktop and lead the officer to my house--he couldn't find it on his own. That's the day I really started buying and keeping ammo in much larger quantities.

Caustic Burno":2kx0xhjz said:
SJB":2kx0xhjz said:
I'm gonna agree with inyati on this one. I had a guy break in my garage and I caught him in the act. I ran him off, law caught him, etc. he was a 25 year old kid that never had a chance in life. If I would have killed him over $250 worth of tools I would have ruined the rest of my life. I go to court next week, and if asked,ill tell the judge I want him to get the maximum sentence allowed.

Everybody says the same thing, "you should have killed the no good yadda yadda,I sure would have".

I call bs. There is no way I would take a human life and have to live with it over a tailgate, or whatever materiel junk the guy could have stolen out of my garage. And I bet anybody that does, regardless of how tough they want to sound, would regret it the rest of their life. It just ain't the Christian thing to do. People sure do seem to want to act like they are tough or something.

You come in my house? Make me feel like my family or other people are in danger? Different story. In that situation a man would have no choice but to use all the deadly force he can muster.

I agree with 99% of what you said .
Your only coming in my house two ways invitation or search warrant all other methods will be met with extreme prejudice or trying to steal my cows.

Yes. I would do what it takes to stop someone in the act of rustling my cows.

Red Bull Breeder":19u75b5b said:
If I had the need for law enforcement today it would take them at least 3 hours to get here. On a normal day when they could cross the creek it would take them at least a 1 hour. If they don't get lost. I reckon I will take care of most stuff myself.
Around here it's about a 30 minute wait if they get moving RIGHT away (I do it in 20 minutes but I really know the road).. Laws here are a little different, but I'm quite certain a warning shot fired would make anyone crap their pants and not stick around for more.

As a legal gun owner you have the right to stop any felony in progress, now it get tricky when you shoot as they are leaving the scene of the crime , you best bet is to make sure they are between you and crime they are committing . that way if the are leaving and coming toward you it was self defense also. Castle doc pertains to you home vehicle boat but can be interpreted as other places too if it is a normal place you are .

Ol' 243":2nvc76rg said:
I'd at least shoot the sumbitch in the foot, he'd be a limpin mofo the rest of his life.
Then he would sue you for assault and would end up paying him everything you would make for the rest of your life because of the jury.

Thanks everyone for the replies and discussion. Good idea on the gooseneck tailgate. Yes we have the castle doctrine here in Texas. I would not want to shoot anybody again but I would protect my property. Yes having owned a gun store I am well armed. But as luck has it I had my head in the dreaded tax form. So that day I was being robbed twice. This type of discussion is why I enjoy this forum . There are different opinions, some strong , some soft, some in between. Everyone stay safe and keep this forum active.

SJB":1ycngi6k said:
I saw a sign on a house down the road I love:

"Prayer is the best way to meet the Lord. Breaking in this house is the fastest".

He ha. But if you got to meet the Lord wouldn't either way be worth it????

Ol' 243":26zkb7fn said:
I'd at least shoot the sumbitch in the foot, he'd be a limpin mofo the rest of his life.
I always heard if you pull the trigger on someone, better shoot to kill. Dead men tell no lies. Otherwise, let 'em go.

Margonme":6p7w3ykr said:
SJB":6p7w3ykr said:
I saw a sign on a house down the road I love:

"Prayer is the best way to meet the Lord. Breaking in this house is the fastest".

He ha. But if you got to meet the Lord wouldn't either way be worth it????

Nope. If you get killed in the middle of committing a crime chances are you wont have time to repent first ;-)

Ol' 243":gal824ld said:
I know your young so I tell you this to help you.
If your not prepared to kill them do not raise a gun on them.
If your shouting shoot center mass and don't conserve ammo unless there are several of them.

Latest posts