Stockmarket Fear and Greed

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
CNN's Fear and Greed Index tracks 7 indicators of investor sentiment.
1- 49 = Fear
50 = neutral
51- 99 = Greed

1 year ago the Fear and Greed Index was at extreme fear 11
1 month ago fear index of 31
1 week ago greed index at 62
yesterday after 4 consecutive days of market closing up greed index of 67
today after market closed down greed index at 65

Warren Buffet says, be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.

Sell on the rise, buy on the fall.
Pretty much doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing is a good way to hold on to more of your money.

sim.-ang.king said:
Sell on the rise, buy on the fall.
Pretty much doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing is a good way to hold on to more of your money.

The VERY best way to get ahead in the stock market for the average investor is to INDEX at Vanguard and keep your management fees to an absolute minimum, AND to stay in no matter what over a VERY long time period. Unless you are an absolute genius, you will never time the market right. Not even the very best can do that. Now if you could get your money in Pure Alpha with Ray Dalio then that's a different conversation.

Buffet made insane amounts of money in the stock market by having a very long time horizon, buying companies that had secure future cash flows, and not over thinking things. I've listened to his annual meetings for years, I do so while working in hay or mowing the fields. You can learn a lot from listening to Buffett and Munger, especially Charlie Munger who I think is a genius. Charlie Munger loves China right now, and rightfully so, that is where the very best investment opportunities are for the next 50-100 years. Only problem is sorting through all the shady sh..t to find the legit companies.

Ray Dalio's book "Principles" is well worth reading for anyone serious about multiplying their money. I've listened to it twice on Audible while in the tractor and will probably listen to it a couple times again this hay season. The guy is an absolute genius, and definitely someone to learn from.

T.Rowe Price is another good company that offers mutual funds with cheap admin fees.

Munger also had some interesting comments on California, NYC, and Connecticut yesterday.
""It's been serious. Driving the rich people out is pretty dumb if you're a state or a city," Munger tells CNBC's Becky Quick in an interview. "There are a number of places that have shot themselves in the foot; Connecticut, California, New York City."
"I think it's really stupid for a state to drive the rich people out," he says. "They are old, they keep your hospitals busy, they don't burden your schools, police departments or prisons. Who wouldn't want rich people?"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/charlie-munger-says-california-connecticut-have-been-stupid-for-driving-rich-people-away.html

TexasBred said:
Backhoeboogie is my financial adviser and I haven't heard from him in a while. Better check on that.
Probably working his Boysenberry orchard or nuclear plant outage. It's that time of year.

we're probably looking at a recession this year or next but I'll keep stocks in companies I like.

*************" Ray Dalio's book "Principles" is well worth reading for anyone serious about multiplying their money. I've listened to it twice on Audible while in the tractor and will probably listen to it a couple times again this hay season. The guy is an absolute genius said:
It does not seem right to be listening to investor information while making hay. :p

*************" Buffet made insane amounts of money in the stock market by having a very long time horizon said:
Went to the annual meeting in Omaha once. Generally a great educational event, but the ladies seemed to prefer older guys... :nod:

ga.prime said:
Probably working his Boysenberry orchard or nuclear plant outage. It's that time of year.

It all happens at once.

I agree with T Roe Price. It has done well. Very well. You gotta pick the right fund tho.

I'm holding everything as is for now. Still checking it once or twice a month.

I've got way too much bullion but we could elect another president to push it back to $1800 an ounce. So I am sitting there too. It is not loosing anything. It is just a huge amount of money that is stagnant.

People who make money on the stock market have inside information. I see companies rising and can't work out why, a few weeks later they have an announcement. Or the reverse. I had a mate who worked in the mines, was at some place when they hit something big, told me to buy it up as much as i can. Unfortunately i didn't have a spare million lying around. A week later they went from 6c to 68c. He couldn't buy as part of his contract but his family made a lot of money. The only way to win is long term.

A guy I know thought he bought in at $15. The broker didn't actually get the buy until it was at $21. I got in at $23. When it went to $60 Frank cashed in. I rode until $85 but I only had a few thousand in there. The stock went to $120 and then split. 2 for 1. I should have kept riding. Frank should have kept riding. The stock was not actually worth that. But the new CEO is in there for the investors. If he ever takes another company, I'll be buying in that company. So will all the others. You gotta have the jump on knowing where he's going.

Latest posts