Busy couple days cleaning farm equipment and doing repairs.

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
It seems everything I get into is a nasty job.

The drive belt broke on the mower and had to replace that.
1696513926868.jpeg
My mothers microwave quit, and I replaced the capacitor and diode, her washer quit, and I crossed over the door lid switch and cleaned her wood stove and chimney flu.
1696513948312.jpeg
Repaired 4 chainsaws.
1696514097888.jpeg
Washed all the manure out of the trailer and washed/waxed the outside. The pressure washer coated me with manure.
1696514192084.jpeg
Cleaned the baler inside and out, washed/waxed and greased/oiled everything.
1696514258915.jpeg

Yeah, it's the pressure washer's fault........

If you're not gonna use it again and just leave it out in a dusty shop, can I have that old pressure cooker?

Yeah, it's the pressure washer's fault........

If you're not gonna use it again and just leave it out in a dusty shop, can I have that old pressure cooker?
Send me an address as it is ready. I will let you clean. It maybe a few days before I get it to UPS or FedX shippers as I live down in the boondocks.

1696515814920.jpeg

You are an inspiration with your skills and dedication. Everything nice and clean. Even the "junk" is organized. Grass cut, adopted dog looks good. If you ever run out of work, there is an opening now in Washington that could sure use your skill and experience. I remember that you have past experience with mentoring wayward juveniles. So definitely suited for the job. :)

The intact hood and bumper cover (I think it's on there) on that mower say a lot about how you take care of your stuff. Those things will crack if you think about touching them.

If you are talking about the tractor it is a 2002 Kubota M9000 with 2400 hrs.
I think he's referring to the item with a steering wheel that's on top of the 4 wheeler on left side of 1st picture. Looks like it may have been part of a go kart..maybe?

jltrentshop.jpg

I agree with Simme and SDM. Your skill set and attention to detail is very much to be admired and envied.

It seems everything I get into is a nasty job.

The drive belt broke on the mower and had to replace that.
View attachment 35740
My mothers microwave quit, and I replaced the capacitor and diode, her washer quit, and I crossed over the door lid switch and cleaned her wood stove and chimney flu.
View attachment 35741
Repaired 4 chainsaws.
View attachment 35742
Washed all the manure out of the trailer and washed/waxed the outside. The pressure washer coated me with manure.
View attachment 35743
Cleaned the baler inside and out, washed/waxed and greased/oiled everything.
View attachment 35744
I know better than to ask…for a picture with the door open on the baler…🤔. Embarrass us all will ya!

I think he's referring to the item with a steering wheel that's on top of the 4 wheeler on left side of 1st picture. Looks like it may have been part of a go kart..maybe?

View attachment 35750

I agree with Simme and SDM. Your skill set and attention to detail is very much to be admired and envied.
The peddle cart was my sons and it is around 25 years old. I found it torn up many years ago and ordered the parts and fixed.
I know better than to ask…for a picture with the door open on the baler…🤔. Embarrass us all will ya!
1696590483653.jpeg

Last edited:
You are an inspiration with your skills and dedication. Everything nice and clean. Even the "junk" is organized. Grass cut, adopted dog looks good. If you ever run out of work, there is an opening now in Washington that could sure use your skill and experience. I remember that you have past experience with mentoring wayward juveniles. So definitely suited for the job. :)
I miss the delinquent juveniles and staff, but not the paperwork.

Last edited:
@jltrent - About using a power washer on the roll baler. The sledge roller fills with hay and it is hard to dig out. Would power washing the sledge roller work well?

@jltrent - About using a power washer on the roll baler. The sledge roller fills with hay and it is hard to dig out. Would power washing the sledge roller work well?
The sledge rollers are on some NH balers and maybe others as not familiar with those. They make a tight and pretty bale. If you try a pressure washer I would be careful around the bearings with water pressure (damage dust covers). There are some members here that have experience with NH baler as I think chevytaHOE5674 has one.

Last edited:
I dont pressure wash the baler other than the outside of the side panels.

I use the leaf blower and air compressor to blow it out, then grease it up and park it.

Power washing the baler or combine in my experience pushes water into bearings and behind seals that can be very problematic to get back out.

View attachment 35750

I was talking about the tractor inside the shop. Looks like it has cast wheels, and I'm curious what model of that size range offered that option.

Latest posts