Stock trailer floor non slip question

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":w0v0vroi said:
slick4591":w0v0vroi said:
I bought a couple mats and threw in my 16 foot and didn't screw the back one down. Lost it somewhere as it apparently slid out under the gate. Screwed the next one down and I've been good since. They are still a little slick but nothing like the wood by itself.

Yep the wind will wiggle em right under the gate.
I use 2x4 horse panels stapled down with good barbed fence Staples.
Seems like it would be slick and at first it is. After a put the panels in I put some cows in and let em stomp around in there for a few hours. The panels are very soft steel and get mashed down to the contours of the lumber. Not only does it give good traction. It virtually eliminates any chance of a foot going through. ........no shod horses of course

I bought the tsc mats also and they were a little better than the wood but still slick. They are a PIA taking them in and out to clean... and yes they will slide out the back. I got home with one handing half way out one time.

We have and old trailer where they just nailed like 1x2s every so often. It seems to work pretty good. Im debating trying that before I go to the cattle panel.

a thick layer of shavings is good too.. I have a ribbed checkerboard aluminum floor in my new trailer, haven't had any problem and it's a winding road for 4 hours to the sale barn

Latest posts