Trailer Floor

Help Support CattleToday:

I have another you can do about the time you finish that one. šŸ˜

It has the original, cheap boards and I cringe a little every time I watch cattle walk on them, especially bulls, which is mainly what I use it for.
Brute..always remember the easy way out...3/8's to 1/2" plywood overlayment. lol , You can get another 6 years out of it before the floor replacement is due...those 4x8 panels go in quick too....1 hour job.

That looks like it would be a pain to power wash out.
They are. I added them to my trailer i bought last winter, and am not sure I would do it again. The selling point for me was that lumber quality has gotten terrible and they are not not as likely to rot or break like a regular board.

They lifetime lugged floors do have gaps between the boards, but you have to hit the lugs from multiple directions with the hose since the lugs act like little levees and that makes the job of cleaning the trailer out a lot messier. The rubber is also porous and get packed with manure. Washing the trailer out immediately after hauling does make it easier, but I rarely get to do that.

I haven't had my trailer long enough to comment, but I have also heard people who haul a lot say the lifetime floor lugs wear down fairly rapidly and get to a point where they are more slippery than a regular board with a panel nailed on top of it.

Latest posts