Stock trailer floor non slip question

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My neighbor just redid the deck of his trailer. He asked what I thought is the cheapest no slip to put down. Thin rebar every foot, old carpet, field fence nailed down good.
I told him to come off his wallet and put down the cattle panel stuff TS Sells. He's adamant that that is too pricey. What's his best option

hooknline":2mq5xkxv said:
My neighbor just redid the deck of his trailer. He asked what I thought is the cheapest no slip to put down. Thin rebar every foot, old carpet, field fence nailed down good.
I told him to come off his wallet and put down the cattle panel stuff TS Sells. He's adamant that that is too pricey. What's his best option
We used those thick rubber kind of mats that TSC sells, slip problems solved.

He wants to try to use something he has on hand. I got panels in mine and i like it. He's squeaks when he walks though

TennesseeTuxedo":2xiriwfp said:
Hook, are you talking about the heavy gauge wire fencing panels that come in 16' lengths for around $17.00? If so, this guy really is a tightwad.
That's what I'm saying

I can tell you that fifteen years down the road you will have problems with the panels. The welds start to give and dangerous spikes are lifted up. It will happen all at once as the staples start loosening up. Putting in new staples is only a stopgap measure that won't work long.

I'm about ready to wash my hands of this guy. Try to help him out but he's so cheap he's cutting his nose off to spite his face. Every day.

hooknline":2z9ng8e6 said:
I'm about ready to wash my hands of this guy. Try to help him out but he's so cheap he's cutting his nose off to spite his face. Every day.

That gets old fast.

I hate seeing pannel in stock trailers. There is no way that can be good for livestock. Imagine if I made you walk on pannel with no shoes. You know it hurts.

Red Bull Breeder":1xzbkcuo said:
20.00 for 15 years use. Don't sound to bad to me Howdy. Change the panel in 10 years still pretty dam cheap.

Its not so much a problem with the panels but the wood-- it won't hold a staple tight after awhile.

He'll probably never haul a horse, but the panel is dangerous on a horse with shoes. I like a stall mat lag screwed down.

We have folks that take short boards and run the down the length of the trailer in /\ form.

Kinda like this
/\
/\
/\
/\
/\

I use the mats from TSC, that way we can haul horses with shoes or cattle. Used the cattle panel for years though.
Tight as that guy sounds he doesn't even need livestock. If you can't care for them you don't need them.

Latest posts