Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7":2xj6c0g0 said:
So how long do we ride this gravy train before we abandon ship ?
Until it is over. :lol:
Sorry, couldn't help it.

You determine your "uncle point". Set that as your stop. This is an overly simplistic answer I admit.
But in a general sense that is an answer.

boondocks":3vo5h88i said:
Cross-7":3vo5h88i said:
So how long do we ride this gravy train before we abandon ship ?

Game of chicken at this point.
Buk buk buk
(we are mixing the metaphors :lol: )
The Market is safe until Friday May 11th book it ....(new moon May 15th)
After the 11th you're on your own. :)

Fearless Prediction:
Some type of correction should occur between May 11th - October 29th how big... who knows.
After December 10th the fallout from November elections should be known and depending on what it is...
after Christmas Day good again?

Son of Butch Fearless Prediction: Some type of correction should occur between May 11th - October 29th how big... who knows.[/quote said:
My uncle is a stock market junkie. He buys several monthly advisor newsletters. They are always, always, predicting a correction 6 to 12 months out.... You need to delete the "who knows" and turn professional SOB.

I've said many times one day I'm going to buy a monkey and a dart board and turn pro.
Because a monkey with a dart board is just as accurate as the pros selling their advice.

p.s.
I'm going to name him NostraDartmus.
:)

Son of Butch":a4kjy3hu said:
I've said many times one day I'm going to buy a monkey and a dart board and turn pro.
Because a monkey with a dart board is just as accurate as the pros selling their advice.

p.s.
I'm going to name him NostraDartmus.
:)

I like the Motley Fool guys. They seem to win a lot more than they lose. And you can do a 1 month trial with them to read all their back articles to find good information.

Stocker Steve":94y3liq6 said:
Son of Butch Fearless Prediction: Some type of correction should occur between May 11th - October 29th how big... who knows.[/quote:94y3liq6 said:
My uncle is a stock market junkie. He buys several monthly advisor newsletters. They are always, always, predicting a correction 6 to 12 months out.... You need to delete the "who knows" and turn professional SOB.
He's just quoting others predictions.

TexasBred":1lr5f489 said:
"Son of Butch Fearless Prediction:
Some type of correction should occur between May 11th - October 29th how big... who knows.

Can't say I've heard anyone give any dates.
The TOTAL Stock Market is up over 6% since the beginning of the year... 26 days ago.
6.1% month x 12 months = over 72% per year!
Does not take a Genius to see it is unsustainable and something's gotta give.

Ryder":2lvhag04 said:
Son of Butch":2lvhag04 said:
It's easier to look smart in a rising market as the odds are that whatever you picked the last several years went up.
Like the old saying,
"Don't confuse brains with a bull market".

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

Son of Butch":2c6aluha said:
TexasBred":2c6aluha said:
"Son of Butch Fearless Prediction:

Can't say I've heard anyone give any dates.
The TOTAL Stock Market is up over 6% since the beginning of the year... 26 days ago.
6.1% month x 12 months = over 72% per year!
Does not take a Genius to see it is unsustainable and something's gotta give.

:lol2: your talking 2014 thousand dollar day old calf prices now.

Son of Butch":20cfpipa said:
It's easier to look smart in a rising market as the odds are that whatever you picked the last several years went up.
It's easier to look smart when you "cut and paste". :mrgreen:

GE stock price cut by 60% in the last year. CLNS a REIT was cut by 75% in the last year. Should have sold CLNS according to gut when I found at the CEO and the Donald were great buddies. But I did not. Ford Motor really trying to get their act together.

Not sure if the streak is still intact, but every time an 'old' NFL NFC team won the Super Bowl the stock market finished
up for the year = Philly super bowl win = stock market ends 2018 up for the year.

Son of Butch":3tblcsp3 said:
Not sure if the streak is still intact, but every time an 'old' NFL NFC team won the Super Bowl the stock market finished
up for the year = Philly super bowl win = stock market ends 2018 up for the year.

Spurious correlation.

Son of Butch":29r3ouio said:
Banjo":29r3ouio said:
Son of Butch":29r3ouio said:
crystal ball: Next significant drought should still be a few years away.
Pluto enters Aquarius (the water bearer) in 2023 and by the time it leaves in 2043 (25 years from now) there will be
an understanding of droughts like none have had since the dust bowl era of the 1930s.
100 yr cycle? but wider than ever before.

Can you expand on that some more?
I can't predict a football game and you want me to expand on what? total rainfall in Western Kentucky from May - Oct
in 2038? :D
I'm glad stock market is not football or weather

Son of Butch":3ekgg4ba said:
every time an 'old' NFL NFC team won the Super Bowl the stock market finished up for the year = Philly super bowl win = stock market ends 2018 up for the year.

and the cattle market goes up too ? :banana: I love it when a plan comes together.

I believe there's been a 600-700 drop in the past few days. Maybe the correction is starting? We'll see. It's all ups and downs, with a perennial hope that it goes up more than down.

Latest posts