Star Lake Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

Ashton V

Reaction score
This hereford breeder is fairly close to me and I was considering looking into using some of their sires to AI some of my hereford dams. I wanted everyone to take a look and see what they thought and liked. The link below will get you to the directory, but then you can click on the "View Details" button to see the EPD's.

http://starlakeherefords.com/forsale.php?c=15&ct=Semen

I kinda like Western Wrangler and Bogart. A lot of those bulls are fairly young and not quite as proven as I would like though.. Battle Ground looks decent too.

i had a couple of heifers AI'd to battle ground a few years back and neither took. could be a quirk i guess...they went on to be good momma cows though. i did see one of his bull calves at the tulsa state fair the next year and he (the calf) looked like a picture of hereford conformation. stop by star lake and have a talk with them, they're good people, at least i thought so!

tsmaxx47":30aalqe1 said:
i had a couple of heifers AI'd to battle ground a few years back and neither took. could be a quirk i guess...they went on to be good momma cows though. i did see one of his bull calves at the tulsa state fair the next year and he (the calf) looked like a picture of hereford conformation. stop by star lake and have a talk with them, they're good people, at least i thought so!

Thanks for the info. There out of skiatook. Thats not too far of a trip. Do you know how long they have been there? Most of their bulls seem kinda young. But they all look great.

Of the older bulls its really only Bogart that I'd consider using, of the younger bulls Bullet and Break-out looks good. Basically anything out of Boomer won't let you down, but they might be bigger than my ideal.

Star Lake came to Oklahoma in the 80's as a Division of Ace Cattle Co. out of New York. I do not know the history of Ace Cattle Co. Star Lake has had at least two ownerships since Ace. One was Imperial Sugar people I think. I also think Monty has been there the whole time. Think he is originally from Michigan and has been involved with Polled Herefords for a long time.Todd and Max have been there quite a while.

Latest posts