Standing up for the little guy.

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":27l13q1p said:
We get "some" snow most days. Up to 12" at a time is "no big deal". Over that, makes for quite a bit of work.
Right now, we've been in & out of "storms", and in-between we're getting lake affect snow. Got about 6" yesterday, 4" last night, and it's still snowing. The biggest thing is the WIND. Man it's brutal out. We have had more wind the past couple of weeks. I "enjoy" the snow, even the cold, but HATE the WIND! so hard on the cattle. nasty - nasty

Got a friend who lives on the north west side of Syracuse, somewhere around 150" of snow a year, nice place to visit ( IN THE SUMMER ) :nod: :)

I enjoy gathering info and wisdom from these boards. You can pick through it and apply what works for your operation. Knersie and Northern are great resources as far as i am concerned.

Rocket nice cattle, enjoy looking at them. that hereford seems to be a nice picture of what a hereford beef bull should be.

oakcreekfarms":35upvmy5 said:
I enjoy gathering info and wisdom from these boards. You can pick through it and apply what works for your operation. Knersie and Northern are great resources as far as i am concerned.

I agree

Rocket nice cattle, enjoy looking at them. that hereford seems to be a nice picture of what a hereford beef bull should be.

He's doing ok so far. The next one gonna be hard to find.

rocket2222":1xp94plx said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1xp94plx said:
We get "some" snow most days. Up to 12" at a time is "no big deal". Over that, makes for quite a bit of work.
Right now, we've been in & out of "storms", and in-between we're getting lake affect snow. Got about 6" yesterday, 4" last night, and it's still snowing. The biggest thing is the WIND. Man it's brutal out. We have had more wind the past couple of weeks. I "enjoy" the snow, even the cold, but HATE the WIND! so hard on the cattle. nasty - nasty

Got a friend who lives on the north west side of Syracuse, somewhere around 150" of snow a year, nice place to visit ( IN THE SUMMER ) :nod: :)
Yes - we average 120" - we're slightly South of the "snow belt". You get up North of Syracuse and they measure snow in the FEET! more than I care to have. They have to shovel there roofs most of the time.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3eq0z54j said:
Yes - we average 120" - we're slightly South of the "snow belt". You get up North of Syracuse and they measure snow in the FEET! more than I care to have. They have to shovel there roofs most of the time.

I am on the north side of the lake from there, they get the brunt of lake effect.
I travel to haul ag equipment out of Watertown, leave here - clear - Watertown - white out/blizzard - cross the bridge heading north and it is sunny.

All of it good herfie country!

Hey rocket you should give me a call, I think i know where there are some that would fit into your operation (and no I am not trying to sell you my stock)

oakcreekfarms":jijajrl8 said:
Hey rocket you should give me a call, I think i know where there are some that would fit into your operation (and no I am not trying to sell you my stock)

Not started looking yet, he will be around a little while longer, I like his calves, but when I do, I'll get in touch.

Well all this talk of snow on here the last few days, and while it was 28 and sleeting here today got me thinking, green grass, fat cows with the squirts, bring it on, I can't wait.

IMG_2386111.jpg

Latest posts