Speaking of dough...

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
This might not interest those without their own custom pizza oven but I've noticed a downward trend in the price of carry out pizza here in Austin. I wonder how you can sell a Pizza for $5.55 and make a profit unless the dough is cheap cheap cheap. They ( the pizza joints) have gone from $10 to 8 to 7 to 5.55 pretty quick. I know it's summer time but I believe the bottom dropped out of a commodity. If so where is it coming from and what is it really? Enjoy your slice!

I have thought the same thing. Perhaps it's a loss leader to get you to buy something else. My family has a convenience store. We sometimes do that. I do know the highest profit margin for us is a fountain drink. Maybe the pizza places are hoping you will also order some wings or something.

3waycross":28o6pp34 said:
The dough is cheap. It's the rest you are getting screwed on!

i agree we have had the 5 dollar pizza here for years but I think they mostly want you to buy subs and drinks wings as said before

Bigfoot":20d9ac3d said:
I have thought the same thing. Perhaps it's a loss leader to get you to buy something else. My family has a convenience store. We sometimes do that. I do know the highest profit margin for us is a fountain drink. Maybe the pizza places are hoping you will also order some wings or something.
NoPe....pizza hut is doing the 5:55 deal and the "pick up" place I go only has soda in a cooler. The down ward trend in price can only mean savings or stomach aches from poor quality ingredients
I really dont want to be the Judge cuz I don't like stomach aches and I can make a pretty good $5 pizza on my own!

J think it's cheap dough and cheese we taught china to grow.....wait till the Chinese Pork hits the North Shore! Free Pizza with every 10 gallons of petrol! ;)

Dominoes has the best carry out deal in our area and we usually get one about once a week....

last one tasted so bad that I have sworn off them....

good pizzas in our area still cost 18 to 20 bucks....but seems to me that none of them are as good as they ysed to be.....all seem to be chintzy on the sauce and cheese....

denvermartinfarms":2be3o97f said:
skyhightree1":2be3o97f said:
pizza hut = terrible stomach ache and heartburn for me its like eating congealed cheese oil lol
+1, the only pizza we eat is homemade.

I agree. I can handle battery acid better than that mess.

Haven't had one in a while but Papa John's was good last time I had one.

a $5 loaf of flat bread is pretty expensive.....

If they put something on top of it would be even more expensive.

The best pizza place around here in which i have been banned from and can only go once a month has these meat master pizzas with goat cheese mixed in and are $ 32.00 each after taxes we normally get 2 a month when my mom comes up she loves them.

http://www.bottomsuppizza.com/

skyhightree1":3dbgyrj0 said:
The best pizza place around here in which i have been banned from and can only go once a month has these meat master pizzas with goat cheese mixed in and are $ 32.00 each after taxes we normally get 2 a month when my mom comes up she loves them.

http://www.bottomsuppizza.com/

I HAVE ONLY EATEN THERE ONCE.....

GOOD .....

BUT I AM STILL REPAYING THE NOTE I TOOK OUT. :cowboy:

PD I love that place... I also love the lemon drop shots I get while waiting for the pizza lol Yea, It is expensive but its worth every dime of the price IMO.. Talking about it you may make me leave and go get one lol

I've had pizza from NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, Bankok, and everywhere in between. Can't say I ever had one I really liked.
Given the choice between a bad CFS and a "good" and even free pizza, I'll take the CFS every time.
Oct 26 is a recognized Texas State holiday.

greybeard said:
I've had pizza from NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, Bankok, and everywhere in between. Can't say I ever had one I really liked.
quote]

Come on up to my pizza place you will like it.

Latest posts