sound advice

Help Support CattleToday:

I always said you could look but you cannot touch, and with that said I am a single mother ,
and was not married to my kids dad, but we were together for 16 years till he passed away in 97
and I have 1 kid raised and another still at home ,my daughter was 2 and my son was 6 when their
dad passed, my daughter is also disabled ,and I have never been on welfare , with that said problem with the car is probably a vacuum leak and when she told him it was not running right he told her it was all in her head, there was nothing wrong with the car, and she should put a bow around his neck and give him to the gal he cheated with ,as I always told the kids dad if you touch I will put a bow around your neck and give you to them as a present , as you are no prize and you are only with me cause no one else will have you ,( he was 56 and I was 36 when he passed away,and it was our joke) Suzanne

TennesseeTuxedo":2q8l900l said:
Angus Guy":2q8l900l said:
Everyone is missing the point. We need to figure out why the car quit and how to prevent it from happening againl

That's what I was thinking, how'd we get sidetracked?
if i had to guess, she probably driving a new one bout now anyway :cowboy:

Young men try to be faithful, but they do not succeed.
Old men try to be unfaithful, but they do not succeed.

Ryder":1wqvddkv said:
Sir Loin":1wqvddkv said:
OK here we go! This should start a fire storm.

I'm not a lady, in fact not even female. But I am sick, tired, and fed up with all this "I'm a single mom" whining.
So? You want a metal for screwing up your life?
Now a widow is different.

Who said it was her that caused the breakup of her marriage? Could be she got dumped by her husband-Just saying..

James T":1bewfiyx said:
I was still hoping that AlisonB would offer her definition of what cheating is.
James - I do believe when in a relationship one has to sit down with your partner and draw up boundaries and chat about expectations. Cheating to me would include both emotional and physical infidelity, my partner feels the same. To be honest to yourself as well as your partner one should ask "would I act like this if my partner was present?", if the answer is no you know you are over stepping the 'agreed' boundaries and expectations and could be on the way to cheating :shock:, Oooh! That all sounds sooo rigid :help: .

I was obviously referring to physical infidelity when I asked "why do men cheat?".

"Love is a game in which one always cheats." - unknown

Ou!OU! I know!
It's because men are hunters and not gathers.
Men came to America to hunt beaver and we are still hunting them!
SL

suzorse":2pmrpqns said:
I always said you could look but you cannot touch, and with that said I am a single mother ,
and was not married to my kids dad, but we were together for 16 years till he passed away in 97
and I have 1 kid raised and another still at home ,my daughter was 2 and my son was 6 when their
dad passed, my daughter is also disabled ,and I have never been on welfare , with that said problem with the car is probably a vacuum leak and when she told him it was not running right he told her it was all in her head, there was nothing wrong with the car, and she should put a bow around his neck and give him to the gal he cheated with ,as I always told the kids dad if you touch I will put a bow around your neck and give you to them as a present , as you are no prize and you are only with me cause no one else will have you ,( he was 56 and I was 36 when he passed away,and it was our joke) Suzanne

It sounds like even though it wasn't a 'legal' marriage, you still had the right kind of commitment going on and established some kind of do and don'ts.

GMN":asf4wjca said:
Ryder":asf4wjca said:
Sir Loin":asf4wjca said:

I'm not a lady, in fact not even female. But I am sick, tired, and fed up with all this "I'm a single mom" whining.

Who said it was her that caused the breakup of her marriage? Could be she got dumped by her husband-Just saying..

You got that right GMN. Who's to say how it came to be that way. And I don't believe single moms are necessarily the blame for "screwing up anything". I do admire them for being able to keep everything intact for the kids. I have seen single dads soley responsible for the kids too.

alisonb":n4r5qtn3 said:
James T":n4r5qtn3 said:
I was still hoping that AlisonB would offer her definition of what cheating is.
James - I do believe when in a relationship one has to sit down with your partner and draw up boundaries and chat about expectations. Cheating to me would include both emotional and physical infidelity, my partner feels the same. To be honest to yourself as well as your partner one should ask "would I act like this if my partner was present?", if the answer is no you know you are over stepping the 'agreed' boundaries and expectations and could be on the way to cheating :shock:, Oooh! That all sounds sooo rigid :help: .

I was obviously referring to physical infidelity when I asked "why do men cheat?".

"Love is a game in which one always cheats." - unknown

Very well said Alison! Thank you. Unfortunately, a whole lot of couples don't do this, then the engine gets all messed up and then they wonder why it don't run anymore.

alisonb":yat1y7y9 said:
Why do men cheat? I can't think of one man that I know that has not been unfaithful to his partner :shock: , not one!!(that is my experience, am not saying all men are unfaithful). Is it that he needs to be patted on the back and appreciated or
is it just something that has not changed over thousands of years(a primal thing) and copulation is necessary for survival?

Divulge Dear Sirs.............tell us all :p
It is hormonal Alison. And yes, always has been.
Of course environmental conditioning also enters in. Also concious choice may or may not play a role.

Would you want a bull that didn't have these drives? :lol:

GMN":21ors0se said:
Ryder":21ors0se said:
Sir Loin":21ors0se said:

Who said anybody said who said? It seem like a lot of TV shows, radio, etc. they always start off by saying "I'm a single mom".So?
A lot of single mothers have lived their lives without harping on being a "single mom".

alisonb":2vfcrt9t said:
TexasBred":2vfcrt9t said:
Never done it but do know that for ever cheating man most times there's also a cheatin' woman...or at least a pretty worthless one.
Don't get me wrong TB, I'm definitely not making out that Eve is innocent, not at all :p . woman I've got a good idea why they stray so my question was to you guys. But the reasons I suppose are too involBeing a ved to be discussed on this forum ;-) .[quote
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on give the reason for the female. Inquiring minds want to know. :nod:

James T":1upm2tfa said:
the engine gets all messed up and then they wonder why it don't run anymore.
The cambelt snaps, a conrod smashes through the engine block and the valves get bent :p
Ryder":1upm2tfa said:
Would you want a bull that didn't have these drives? :lol:
Thanks for you explanation Ryder, just when it was making sense to me you go and compare it to a bull - so it must be a animal sortof thing...........
BTW - I've had a couple of cows jump the fence to get to the bull at times :p
Ryder":1upm2tfa said:
Come on give the reason for the female. Inquiring minds want to know.
Contary to what ALA says, it is sex(physical) initially and then emotions are added to the pudding as well. Ladies, let me know if you disagree ;-)

Contary to what ALA says, it is sex(physical) initially and then emotions are added to the pudding as well. Ladies, let me know if you disagree ;-)[/quote] me too :cowboy:

Latest posts