Sometimes you embarrass me

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":11i9a159 said:
It passed the "Angie Test." That's a relief. :D

:lol: And now she wants us to believe she's sensitive. :roll:

Walt ;-)

Angie, Txwalt,Jeanne,dun, ga. prime, you all just crack me up!! :lol: :lol2: :lol: Thanks for the laughs!!

Ryder, you are sooooo right!!

As for the thread in question, ----IMHO---- I didn't see anything offensive either. If Audi thinks that's offensive stuff, good thing they don't deal with some of the cattle folks that I know around here, they call it as they see it, blunt and to the point with no offense intended.

Katherine

I give my opinion on an awful lot of subjects; but while I have fitted a handful of calves I was so pathetically horrible at it that you very seldom will hear me give someone advice on how to clip, set up, show, lead, or pig fatten their show calf. I don't have kids so never have had to coach anybody attempting to do any of this either....and if I had kids I would probably just make them show goats!! A goat is a lot easier too butcher than a steer. While I have been in the saddle, you won't see me giving dressage advice or telling anybody how to jump a three rail fence either. I would rather ignore a question than give advice on a subject where, even I know, that I don't know what I am talking about.

AudieWyoming":4tlzu1ew said:
Over the New Years weekend there was a young (man/lady) posted a question about why (his/her) show steer had gone off feed. No one really stepped up to address it but thats not the problem. After 2 or 3 days they were polite enough to write back and tell what they had done and the calf was feeling better. Now several people responded, to chastise and belittle (his/her) solution.

This particular poster had just registered to ask this first question. The very fact that they came here looking for help tells you their mom, probably was not the "Fairest Of The Fair" in her youth and (his/her) dads not a professional steer jocky. We are not talking about a several thousand dollar steer in a refridgerator. There was no reason to jump down this kids throat. You may be a "know it all" blow hard, thats why you are posting on this board, but don't assume everyone else is. It might just be some young kid looking for a little guidance! :mad:

All I can say is if that thread got you upset for the way the youngster was treated.(right or wrong). Then you're gonna have a hard time hanging around here. Nuff said!

For some of the things I have seen on the boards the only way to be polite is to not respond.
How do you criticise something and be nice at the same time? No matter how you say it the way they take it is offensive. Sometimes I will reread some of my posts and find them offensive when I did not want to come off that way. Just don't go from the brain to paper the right way. Sometimes people read attitude into others statements like they sound gruff. I don,t have a volume knob on writing and cannot here the tone of their voice. Personally I don't care one way or the other how they talk to me on here as long as I get good info. My mom taught me well. She could chew butt way better than anyone on the boards. :lol2:

hopalong":nixytzv7 said:
tncattle467":nixytzv7 said:
I hear what you are saying frankie. I was taken aback kind of by that as well.

Spoken by someone who has only been here for 3 months, unless you count the time as CATTLEMAN FROM OUTER SPACE, or TNMASTERCATTLEMAN, or TUERNTHATCOWLOOSEMA. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) and others
It's only been 3 MONTHS!!!

3waycross":gfqtlqz2 said:
AudieWyoming":gfqtlqz2 said:
Over the New Years weekend there was a young (man/lady) posted a question about why (his/her) show steer had gone off feed. No one really stepped up to address it but thats not the problem. After 2 or 3 days they were polite enough to write back and tell what they had done and the calf was feeling better. Now several people responded, to chastise and belittle (his/her) solution.

This particular poster had just registered to ask this first question. The very fact that they came here looking for help tells you their mom, probably was not the "Fairest Of The Fair" in her youth and (his/her) dads not a professional steer jocky. We are not talking about a several thousand dollar steer in a refridgerator. There was no reason to jump down this kids throat. You may be a "know it all" blow hard, thats why you are posting on this board, but don't assume everyone else is. It might just be some young kid looking for a little guidance! :mad:

All I can say is if that thread got you upset for the way the youngster was treated.(right or wrong). Then you're gonna have a hard time hanging around here. Nuff said!

And stay off the breeds board, especially if you post pics UNLESS of course your cattle are perfect.. ;-) :p

I have been very abrupt and direct to a few first posters, especially the ones that take pics of their cattle at the bottom of a ravine and have time to post them but no time to get help for the poor cow. :roll: Nothing was untoward or offensive on that thread , she was told what to do and chose not to . Especially about taking a temp which is the very FIRST thing you always do.

Brandonm22":1rfts35f said:
....and if I had kids I would probably just make them show goats!!

Now I've only owned one goat in my life, but from my limited experience, I'd still bet not ALL kids are worthy of being made SHOW goats! :lol: :lol: :tiphat:

George

Herefords.US":386h81bj said:
Brandonm22":386h81bj said:

Now I've only owned one goat in my life, but from my limited experience, I'd still bet not ALL kids are worthy of being made SHOW goats! :lol: :lol: :tiphat:

George
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one George.

Ryder":2x53ank8 said:
Herefords.US":2x53ank8 said:
Brandonm22":2x53ank8 said:

George
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one George.
:clap: :clap: :banana: exceptional!!!

Latest posts