Sometimes you embarrass me

Help Support CattleToday:

AudieWyoming

Reaction score
Over the New Years weekend there was a young (man/lady) posted a question about why (his/her) show steer had gone off feed. No one really stepped up to address it but thats not the problem. After 2 or 3 days they were polite enough to write back and tell what they had done and the calf was feeling better. Now several people responded, to chastise and belittle (his/her) solution.

This particular poster had just registered to ask this first question. The very fact that they came here looking for help tells you their mom, probably was not the "Fairest Of The Fair" in her youth and (his/her) dads not a professional steer jocky. We are not talking about a several thousand dollar steer in a refridgerator. There was no reason to jump down this kids throat. You may be a "know it all" blow hard, thats why you are posting on this board, but don't assume everyone else is. It might just be some young kid looking for a little guidance! :mad:

I see that you haven't been on the boards too long either, AudieWyoming. Welcome and try not to let the rude people on here get to you. You can't regulate good manners on an internet discussion board. Some people are just mean and bad natured, but there are of helpful people, too. Learn to sort them out.

I haven't been on here very long either but I already know who to listen to and HEED, and who to ignore completely.

Seems there are a couple on here that LIVE to be miserable you-know-whats.....

Mostly I come on here and read, I respond only occasionally, and I completely ignore the jerks even tho I might wanna
give them a piece of my mind :lol: (I'm getting to that age where I need all my brain cells HA!) :banana:

anyway, enjoy your time on here and don't let the bad apples ruin the whole bushel!

AudieWyoming-I think you are overreacting just a little. Dun advised OP to take temp. You yourself asked OP a good number of questions. All sat back and waited for his feedback! One has got to start somewhere. They could not give any advice on the little info he gave initially. Why are you embarassed!!!

I aint much on show animals. I do know some who cook corn daily and everything else. That seems really rediculous to me. Its best to let the right folks answer such questions and I aint the one.

We could have directed him on how to search the threads. The subject has been discussed many times.

Thanks to everyone who popped in and read this thread.

To you who posted back, as I pointed out, not answering right back was not an issue. In fact I prefer that, to those who throw out a positive internet diagnosis based on what it might be, without ever seeing the animal or the environment.

I sort of get a kick out of many of the caustic barbs thrown at the perpetually over opinionated or outright.......................uninformed posters. I admit I often have to bite my typing finger when I first read some of these posts.

The point I wanted to bring out is always think about who, and why this person might be asking the question. Considering that a couple of the barbs that prompted this thread got edited or deleted and 370 sum people looked at this thread today, if a few of them do that, I feel I accomplished what I set out to do. Did I over react.........no question........ but It never hurts to be civil.

BTW: I got a sweet PM from the OP with the steer, as it turns out she has a thicker hide than I do. Good for her! :clap:

I know exactly what you mean.. Seems like alot of folks want to bash you either for not enough info or not enough know how, or just spelling is bad or your taking shortcuts.. I have got a few bad replys to some of my post. After a while you start to see good post from good people. Who really just want to help you. There are people who take it too far though and sometimes you just gotta ignore some people. :clap:

If someone is NEW remmber people to look over there lack of knowledge, just ask them to post certin information if the first wasnt suffice.

I just found the thread you were referring to.
Sorry, but I really didn't think this college "kid" was bashed. I was expecting a lot worse - as there have been some nasty remarks made throughout all the years I have been here. Comes with the territory. There are lots of different personalities out there.

There is a difference between constructive and destructive; many times I think the latter is used under the impression that they are being constructive.
Constructive usually comes with a solution at the end
Destructives comes with nothing but criticism and a little chest pounding. Most of what I read on the post about the steer was blunt but corrective criticism.

I will never understand why some people think they've been appointed to the task of 'toughening-up' other people. No excuse for bad manners - period. On the internet or in the real world, you can't hide class or a lack there of.

Guess I didn't see the thread being discussed. I was just struck by a poster who had been registered here less than two weeks (AudieWyoming) telling the rest of us that "sometimes you embarrass me".

Frankie":ijzz92e2 said:
Guess I didn't see the thread being discussed. I was just struck by a poster who had been registered here less than two weeks (AudieWyoming) telling the rest of us that "sometimes you embarrass me".
New ones have no idea what it was like a while back. They would be mortified.

tncattle467":j7yv843v said:
I hear what you are saying frankie. I was taken aback kind of by that as well.

Spoken by someone who has only been here for 3 months, unless you count the time as CATTLEMAN FROM OUTER SPACE, or TNMASTERCATTLEMAN, or TUERNTHATCOWLOOSEMA. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) and others

Ok. I had asked dun when this first started and he had said he thought it was that thread so I went back and read it. I thought he must be mistaken because I cannot see anything in it that I would find offensive ~ certainly not anything that would raise eyebrows, and I tend to be more sensitive than some to the feelings of others.

I am glad her steer is doing better.