Something I have NEVER heard....

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I have never heard someone say... I miss my column shift truck. We had one on the farm that I absolutely hated. Did anyone else hate column shifts as well ?

Yep. had a ford F150 about a 70 model that was column shift. Good truck, but I never did like that column shift. I gave it away to a man in need of transportation.. he didnt mind it at all.

I'm in need of transportation--mid 50s Ford pickup will work if ya have one lying around..............

There have indeed been times I missed them.
I have had several column shift vehicles including trucks. I did not mind the column shift at all when i was young and driving a pickup--and still single. That floor or console shift lever just flat gets in the way when you're trying to get a little "love by the dashboard lights"..

I liked them, but maybe it's because I learned to drive on a "three on the tree" Chev.

I wonder if it has something to do with what you "grew-up" with. I've had lots of column shifters, lots of floor shifters, a couple of push-button shifters, a variety of automatic transmissions, and plenty of manual transmissions. I even had a 1950 Dodge with fluid drive that you could use as either an automatic or a manual transmission with the shift lever on the column.

I really have no preference of one over the other. They just are what they are.

Tom in TN

I learned on a floor shift manual but uncles and grandpa had a ton of old ford f100 that were column shift and boy I hated those rascals. I would always try to outrun my cousins to get a regular stick on the floor or automatic truck to use when we were hauling square bales.

jedstivers":37v4uupq said:
Dang your a pup. And I'm young to a lot of the guys on here.
Shoot I'm eating lunch with a spoon I've had on the cotton picker since 93.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: btw... i hope you have washed it since then lol

skyhightree1":121fy1io said:
jedstivers":121fy1io said:
Dang your a pup. And I'm young to a lot of the guys on here.
Shoot I'm eating lunch with a spoon I've had on the cotton picker since 93.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: btw... i hope you have washed it since then lol
Most it's ever had was a wet wipe across it. Long as its me I'm ok. Somebody else eating off it won't work.

Funny. I always have a popsicle stick to take in there to get my potted meat out when im on the combine. I was never trusted to drive the combines until I was 18 which was 1998 lol

I have had several. The newest was '81 ford 300 straight 6. I liked em, but 1st was to high for pulling a horse trailer. I had 12' bumbler pull. Time have changed since then. 8 liter engine, and 28' trailer.

I've always been a coffee drinker and lived on bumpy roads. Three on the tree generally left me wearing half my coffee by the time I hit pavement. Other than that, I didn't mind them. Had one up until '95.

presmudjo":3o1n1bz5 said:
My son's first vehicle was a column shift. He was 16 and the second owner of it. Made him cool at school too. He was a 1980 baby also skyhigh.

Another youngster like me :D I had to put 35's and 8 inches of lift on my ranger in high school to cool. :lol:

Latest posts