Some people

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
make ya wonder how they survive.
I was going to the north place to check cattle and drove by this house (in country) and their front yard was on fire.
Mind you we havent had rain for quite some time and grass is tall and very dry. Winds gusty out of the north. I got out of the truck quickly and after about 20 minuts had the fire out.
Man drove in in a truck, jumped out and came over to me and asked me what the he## I was doing in his yard. Although it was pretty clear what I had been doing I told him I was putting out the fire in his yard.

He said I was just burning a few leaf piles and ran to the post office. Post office 5mi from house.
Since I was in his yard I didn't say a word, just bit my tongue and got in my truck and left. Wondering how he manages over 600a of land and runs well over 100 head of cattle.

Scratching my head. Cal

Pretty stupid, if you ask me. We can still burn leaves in my town on certain days, but they're pretty strict about it. If you burn on an off day, or if an officer drives by and the fire is unattended, you WILL get a fine. Never happened to me, but my neighbor has been fined three times that I know of. DUH.

Maybe he was hoping to burn his house down so he could collect the insurance check and buy him some registered high dollar cattle. After all, you can always live in a tent but it takes some serious money to buy paper.

Last fall we had an idiot burn leaves next to his fence which also happened to be right next to a warehouse and manufactering complex. He went to town for something while it was burning. Burned his leaves just fine, also the entire business complex.

Latest posts