Some of our girls

Help Support CattleToday:

BrianL

Reaction score
Some of our new girls .... well not new, replacements.
IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

What do ya think?

They will make some good replacements. How old and when do you plan to breed them?

Caustic Burno":2gl47tdl said:
nortexsoook":2gl47tdl said:
Look like very poor examples of limo heifers to me. I'll proll get in trouble for telling the truth, again!

Truth hurt's lot have trouble with it.

Truth is these aren't replacements, they are already SOLD!
IMG_0320.JPG

Brian L
I love limos!! As most people know they are lively/a little wild, but with proper handling they will be just as any other breed. As for their size, they look greet to me, because limo's are muscle with a little fat. You sure don't want one FAT!!!!

Personally I don't see how we can truly call them small or scrawny when we don't know the age of the heifers and what type of nutrition they have been receiving. I've seen some really good cattle look "scrawny" when they've had to search out something to eat in woodlots and in pastures that have been stunted by drought.

I think that some folks (especially those that are used to looking at pampered, overly fed show cattle), sometimes forget how real world cattle are suppose to look.

Though the horned heifer appears to lack depth, overall these girls look like they have the potential to be good mama cows; feminine with decent spring and depth of rib.

mnmtranching":2n0el63d said:
They will make some good replacements. How old and when do you plan to breed them?
Thanks. They are 6-8 months old and we plan on breeding them in about a year.

BrianL":bhdhxxrs said:
Caustic Burno":bhdhxxrs said:
nortexsoook":bhdhxxrs said:
Look like very poor examples of limo heifers to me. I'll proll get in trouble for telling the truth, again!

Truth is these aren't replacements, they are already SOLD!
IMG_0320.JPG

BrianL":bhdhxxrs said:
Thanks. They are 6-8 months old and we plan on breeding them in about a year.

I'm confused. Did you sell them or did you buy them and plan on breeding them in a year?

Caustic Burno":1agi67rt said:
nortexsoook":1agi67rt said:

truth dont hurt as bad as being called dumb or ignorant. now that's where the problem comes in.

ALACOWMAN":j6q0rzwo said:
Caustic Burno":j6q0rzwo said:
nortexsoook":j6q0rzwo said:

truth dont hurt as bad as being called dumb or ignorant. now that's where the problem comes in.

Thank you. :)

Alice

I really love the color and their uniformity. :)

Alice

I think that some folks (especially those that are used to looking at pampered, overly fed show cattle), sometimes forget how real world cattle are suppose to look.
This is a big problem with alot of folks. Like it or not we never fed our cattle like they are today. They lived off the land and hay and cubes in the winter. The whole purpose for us back then was to make a profit, not worry about how slick or pretty they were.

I just love the fact that someone can make a judgement from a picture. I can take 5 different pictures of the same cow and she doesn't look the same in any of them. Whether it be the way she stands,breaths or lighting. I guess I just don't get that technical with other peoples animals. If I see something I don't care for I just don't post. I'm not going to bash someones elses herd. All of you high fluting cowboys have nothing better to do than criticize someones elses animals. When in reality I'm sure some of you have a few in the back pasture that you hope no ones ever sees.
I don't care for limo's, even though I still have a few. It's mainly for their temperment than looks. Those are what limo's look like. And there is nothing wrong with them!

Well Joy....what are we supposed to do when all the information we have is a picture and the person that posted the picture says "what do you think". I assume that means they want feedback good or bad.

Well,Ed I guess you have to call as you see it. But when it is common for a breed of animal to look like it's suppose to ,why mow it down. Geez I can remember when angus or hereford didn't look like what they do today. They were better used as crosses.
If these were pastured raised heifers and thats more or less what they look to be. Then their bodies are like they are suppose look like. If you want to take the same animal and feed it everyday. They will look like what everyone wants to see. A meaty ,filled out animal.

Joy in Texas":194046fv said:
Well,Ed I guess you have to call as you see it. But when it is common for a breed of animal to look like it's suppose to ,why mow it down. Geez I can remember when angus or hereford didn't look like what they do today. They were better used as crosses.
If these were pastured raised heifers and thats more or less what they look to be. Then their bodies are like they are suppose look l
  • d feed it everyday. If you want to take the same animal anThey
ike.will look like what everyone wants to see. A meaty ,filled out animal.
well i may be wrong but the photos look like they are being fed

ALACOWMAN":2yrzqzo1 said:
Joy in Texas":2yrzqzo1 said:
If these were pastured raised heifers and thats more or less what they look to be. Then their bodies are like they are suppose look l
  • d feed it everyday. If you want to take the same animal anThey
ike.will look like what everyone wants to see. A meaty ,filled out animal.
well i may be wrong but the photos look like they are being fed
The girls eating at the trough have been weaned about 3 days.