Some Hereford Photos For You

Help Support CattleToday:

The best thing about your Herefords are they LOOK like herefords and not Fleckvieh Simmentals .. :D

Jerry,

Those heifers look great. They are developing nicely I believe you posted pictures of them a few months back so they are doing well.

I was curious if you intend to breed back and expand the BrookviewXDeewall animals you may have. Or if you intend to just concentrate on the BrookviewXHodge, or HodgeXHodge breeding? I ask because you haven't posted many pictures of the BrookviewXDeewall line you were working on. Except for the 6V bull which I assume is a DeewallXBrookview product. Which is a great looking bull.

Best Regards,
DG

Darren,

Yes, the 6V bull is out of the 2K41 Brookview cow and sired by the Deewall bred D Advance 630 bull we called Wally. Wally has been in Oklahoma since last Easter at Thomas Green's place in Coweta. Wally was only used on three Brookview cows one year before the Hodge bull was acquired. He made two good sons for us. I retained the 6V bull and sold the other bull commercially as I felt he was a bit short coupled. He did sire one daughter out of what I considered our worst Brookview cow (she's since been culled) that was just an average calf that sold at the sale barn.

As to your questions concerning my breeding plans, they are still being formed :) I have purchased another bull (Boom Boom) from Bill Hathcock that I'll be using on some of the cows. He is a paternal half brother to the Hodge bull. He'll be arriving in late Spring and I'll make my pairings with Boom Boom and 6V then.

Latest posts