So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

I am not that old but my father-in-law is 80 and his wife is 78. They are both out working on the ranch every day. They both do more than their fair share of the work load. My brother-in-law is 60 and he has his own place to run and helps my father-in-law out. He is also a full time teacher. I do admire the three of them!

I am 66 1/2 years old. I take care of 125 head of cows , heifers, bulls and calves. 49 grown cows, 24 replacement heifers (14 months old). 3 bulls and 49 calves. I do all the work without any outside help. I still have time to see the grand kids and thier activitys. I am planning to go to Fort Benning for the second oldest grandsons cermonies. He is doing a half of his basic between Junior and Senior year. The oldest one did the same thing. He is now 24 and already has 7 years to his credit in the Army. Will the other 5 follow in the older ones foot steps, I do not know will have to wait and see. I have a owned a cow nearly all my life. The first one at 11 years old. I was 11 the cow was younger.

WDF":34ob3rdf said:
I'm 46 Today!!!!

Happy Birthday!

Just for the record, I'm 53. Sometimes I feel old (I have a pinched nerve in my back right now that's killing me)! But when I open my eyes and look around I figure I'm probably in better shape than most men my age, and quite a few younger than me. I'm talking physically here. Mentally would be an entirely different story. ;-)

I have mentioned my age a few times on these posts, but have never talked about the years to any extent. Now may be the time.

I am 81 years old, and my dear wife of 64 years is 81 also. We were 18 years old when we married - it was during the WWII days, and almost every one was a little fatalistic - a little difficult to expalin if you weren't living during that time. But - kids grew up pretty darned fast in those days. I had volunteered for service in the Army Air Corps (Now U.S. Air Force) and they called me into active duty three months later. Subsequently, Germany and Japan threw in the towel(s), and 30,000 of us Air Cadets were discharged.

Three sons, 7 grandchildren, three Great-Grandchildren - and "a lot of experiences teaching Agriculture and practicing 35 years as a Dr. of Chiropractic have taught me things that books didn't. My Faith in Jesus Christ and the fact that I know my Salvation is SECURE is worth all of the 81 years. If you wish to compare idiotic and stupid things people can do in 81 years - talk to me sometime when we have several years to discuss it! It is amazing to me how a man with a little bit of just common sense can make so many mistakes and still be alive to talk about it!

DOC HARRIS

PS- VanC - I would recommend that you get yourself to a good Chiropractor and have him determine the CAUSE of your "pinched nerve" and correct the CAUSE of your problem instead of treating the SYMPTOM - just ". . waiting to see what happens" and hoping it will "just go away!" is not going to get the job done, and you are jeopardizing your future business life. Just a suggestion.

Doc

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":csbybq06 said:
Doc I salute you for the long life and long marriage you have had. Not a common occurance these days. My hat is off to you!

Same here Doc.

Many of your posts, how you 'speak' and what you are saying remind me of a professor I had many years ago when I was in college. He was teaching Anatomy and Physiology (animal, specifically large and 'farm' animals).

Thanks for your insight.

Katherine

I'm 66, been married to the same gal for 43 years, {poor thing}.

Never felt old untill the last couple of years. You guys who are in your thirties and feel sixty better hope you don't live that long, nobody knows what it feels like to be 120. :eek: ;-)

M Gravlee":38uo9hn5 said:
My father was born in 1888 and I was born in 1942. :shock:

So you are what we in this house call a "looovvvve child".

Lots of those in famlies - my favourite nephew is one as well.

Bez>

Hello Doc! It sounds like you've led a very interesting and fruitful life. I know that you're proud...especially of your wife and family! I always look forward to reading your posts. Experience is an awfully good teacher and i'm learning!! Thank-you....Russell

I turned 40 in May. My knees make me feel like 60 from playing rugby in college, but my heart and spirit feel like I'm 18 everyday as I am married to the sweetest peach on the tree.
--Julian

I am 23 and at my day job I work with a bunch of guys that are twice my age and old enough to be my parents, of which I never fail to remind them. They always want to hear of my adventures running around having fun which reminds them of themselves at that age. They all claim they were glad they lived through those years, but don't think they could do it again.

Latest posts