So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Be 42 next month, never thought I would have spent my 40th in Iraq and still be here, but hey when I leave here the farm will be paid for. Now if I can just remember where its at.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1wucikmq said:
Old enough to know better and too young to resist. Wish I could remember what I did in the 60's. :lol:
In the mornings I'm about 95 on a good day.
In the evenings I'm about 25 or 30.

I didn't pay much attention to the 60's. But I do remember what I did in the 50's. ;-) ;-)

53. 53? Is that right? How can that be? I'm MUCH too young to be 53. I mean, I haven't even reached middle age yet, or at least I didn't think I had until Iowahawkeyes started this. THANKS A LOT, IOWAHAWKEYES! :)

Cuz

50..... yep thats right.., just turned. so I guess I am halfway to a hundred. somedays I feel like 30... others I feel like older than 50.
But I guess with the life I have lived (and I have lived it), complete with all the accidents and surgeries, and hard living early on..... its no wonder Im still walking around. Glad to live it each and everyday!

45 and hurtin'... 25 years ago, I used to think it was fun knocking people around and chasing a urinal disk around a sheet of ice. Now, after three surgeries I have to lay down and slide off the bed of a pickup truck. My pride's still there though.... I usually look around and make sure no ones watching first.....

Be 58 in October.

First 40 years were fun.
Would hope that if I could do some things over I would do em a little better and maybe a little smarter.

I have survived and that is more than some did. there has been some devine intervention in that evidently but I still don't know why.

I did two years in the Army during Viet Nam and never got sent to Viet Nam. People all around me were either going or coming back. Some I knew did not come back. Always carried a bit of guilt over that.

In the last year or two I have had to finally come to terms with the fact that I am getting old. Have always viewed myself from in here as being about 35 or forty. Lately I have realized that I am on the cusp of my doterage.

Went to my sisters wedding a couple of weeks ago. someone took a photo of me and my oldest son and my mother. Mom is 84 and looked better than any of us.

GMN":34xkkdqo said:
bigbull338":34xkkdqo said:
bigbull338":34xkkdqo said:
OK I am 42, but I still feel like I'm in my 20's.....................................................................

sometimes. ;-)
im 42 as well.an i feel like im 80.was in the dairy business for 27yrs.

Wow you started out early, I'm sure you are exxagerating, unless you milked in a stanchion barn, then I bet you have joint issues.

Gail
milked in a harringbone barn.as yes ive had joint issues all my life.but that is an another long story.so i do get around like an old man.an i try not to let my probs discourage me from doing what i love.

So what do you do now? Just curious.

Gail
now just run beef cows.if i could id go back to milking cows.but the body an the old dairy wont allow that.

bigbull338":36w840a6 said:
GMN":36w840a6 said:
OK I am 42, but I still feel like I'm in my 20's.....................................................................

sometimes. ;-)
im 42 as well.an i feel like im 80.was in the dairy business for 27yrs.

Wow you started out early, I'm sure you are exxagerating, unless you milked in a stanchion barn, then I bet you have joint issues.

Gail
milked in a harringbone barn.as yes ive had joint issues all my life.but that is an another long story.so i do get around like an old man.an i try not to let my probs discourage me from doing what i love.

So what do you do now? Just curious.

Gail
now just run beef cows.if i could id go back to milking cows.but the body an the old dairy wont allow that.

I'm sure you will be successful in anything you do where farming is concerned.

Gail

23.... been doing cattle stuff for 19 years. Showed for the first time when I was 4 years old, and been going at it ever since. Only about the last 6 or 8 years I've been really paying attention to what goes on outside the showring.

48 OH GAWWWDDD!!! :lol: Don't feel old though. These Grandsons keep me pretty busy and I love it.
Now if that over 40 weight would just quit finding my HINEY I would be a Happy Girl!! :p

rancherswife":1rp2iewl said:
48 OH GAWWWDDD!!! :lol: Don't feel old though. These Grandsons keep me pretty busy and I love it.
Now if that over 40 weight would just quit finding my HINEY I would be a Happy Girl!! :p
now thats just to funny lololol.but im in the same boat.carring 2 spare tires round my middle lololol.

20 and then next ones right around the corner...let me know if yall want my address to send the presents

Well, I'm 60. Like others, some days I feel older, but most of the time I feel younger & THINK younger.
When I think of someone 60, I automatically think of someone that's old, than I realize that's MY AGE! Yikes!
Born & raised in the CITY in Rhode Island. Always had country in my heart. This life is a dream come true. Been doing beef cattle for over 35 years. Sure have learned a lot over the years & always learning more.

Oh goodie, Jeanne, well at least I'm a year younger than someone here. :D It's very hard to imagine that there's less time in front of me than behind me. Geez, what a terrible thought!

Latest posts