So how old are you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Wow.. lots of "youngun"s on the Boards!

For those of you that have been posting for a long time.. doesn't it look like the average age is changing from "older" to "younger"?

Mid 40's here.

TheBullLady":2j7jd12h said:

For those of you that have been posting for a long time.. doesn't it look like the average age is changing from "older" to "younger"?

Mid 40's here.

thats what i was thinking. i used to be one of the youngest ones here. and now i'm apparently middleaged! its promising to have some youth showing interest in cattle though. i'm technically 27 though i feel 72. mentally closer to 11, probably.

(Counting on fingers and toes) I am 26 so that means my wife is 25. (Checks the calender) Yeah she's 25. There are days that I feel like I'm at retirement age especially after halter breaking calves or riding a fresh horse or lumberjacking at the homestead, but I know it's all worth it. Now that we have a 9 month old son it makes all of the long days toiling in the heat getting in dog tired worth it because we are building our ranch for him.

Beefy":1jcum9al said:
TheBullLady":1jcum9al said:

Mid 40's here.

thats what i was thinking. i used to be one of the youngest ones here. and now i'm apparently middleaged! its promising to have some youth showing interest in cattle though. i'm technically 27 though i feel 72. mentally closer to 11, probably.

Not really as the younger generation is going to be more computer literate. This board is most likely skewed to the younger side.

I'll be 61 in August, still nothing better than a cold beer and a short fat girl.

Tab/s":xh02z9ff said:
This is for those that dont know. Back about 45 years ago there was a generation in there 20s who fealt one was rude to ask ones age.

That being said pay attention to the ones that are regular posters and responders here that dont list their age.

You need to listen to the George Carlin bit he does about age. When you reach a certain point it becomes a mater of pride that in spite of yourself you made it to this point

Tab/s":j4zeit6i said:
That being said pay attention to the ones that are regular posters and responders here that dont list their age.

You can bet they are in the over the hill gang. Which by the way there is nothing wrong with. I find it amusing they can give advice but not their age.

I, and others, have given our ages more than once on these boards in the course of a response, and most likely will again. :)

Alice

Tab/s":2r4uu3or said:
Alice would you please lead me to one of those threads that lists your age.

Please hurry before i wet on myself for anticipating the answer.

Buy some depends, then do a search. Have a good day. :tiphat:

Alice

Tab/s":zt4vf8xd said:
dun":zt4vf8xd said:
Tab/s":zt4vf8xd said:
This is for those that dont know. Back about 45 years ago there was a generation in there 20s who fealt one was rude to ask ones age.

You need to listen to the George Carlin bit he does about age. When you reach a certain point it becomes a mater of pride that in spite of yourself you made it to this point

dont know who he is.

Here's his but on age:
http://p198.ezboard.com/fpostherefrm6.s ... =502.topic

Older than many on here and younger than some of the others.

Older than cfpinz but younger than dun and Caustic. ;-)

Some days feel like 17 and others I feel like 80.

Katherine

Let's see last time I checked with grandkids they said I was 3 days older than dirt.

Snider_Angus":2xcfhs24 said:
im at the bright young age of 15. i get told alot that im still wet behind the ears, by my uncles.
Maybe you are wet behind the ears physical age wise...but I cannot entirely agree with your uncles (who are supposed to give you a hard time...it's their job! :D )

So far, I've found you knowledgeable and poised...and that is not a dis, I promise.

Alice :)

Snider_Angus":t88k9ply said:
i appreciate it but i can be the opposite sometimes.

What kid can't...for that matter, what HUMAN (adult or kid) can't? :)

Alice

Latest posts